Saturday 27 June 2015

Celebrating new life

On Thursday I became a Great Aunty when Imogen Rose entered the world. So of course a card was needed and it just so happened that the current {PIN}spirational Challenge theme is Everything is better in pink.

Materials used:SAM_1777_1(watermarked)
Imagine That Digi Stamp set - Mama and baby
white blending card
scallop edged die
pink grossgrain ribbon
white organza ribbon
pink button
acrylic greetings stamps
versamark ink pad
Distress ink - Spun Sugar
detail silver embossing powder
Copic pens


Method:SAM_1780(watermarked)
I printed out two images, one large one for the card and a smaller one to make an ACT with. I coloured both images with Copics then trimmed the smaller image to ATC size. I ran a pink pen around the edges of the ACT.

Back with the big image, I cut it out and embossed it with the die then used a blending tool to add a little Spun Sugar distress ink around the edges. I folded an A4 sheet of white card to make my card blank and heat embossed the greeting with silver embossing powder before attaching the grossgrain ribbon. (I cut a small slit in the folded edge of the card to insert the end of the ribbon through so I could attach it inside the card. The ribbon ends will be covered up by the insert.) I attached my image using foam pads to add some dimension to the card. I used the same dark pink pen that I had used to colour the image to colour the white ribbon then threaded it through the button and tying it in a knot. I cut the ends into a fish tail and attached it to the card.

I was thinking today about why I feel comfortable with CAS cards despite having a lot of embellishments hidden away in my stash. I came to the conclusion that it was a colour problem. I am not confident with colours, which colours go and which don't. Quite often I think something works while others are getting headaches from the colour clash! Even my wardrobe has a lot of black and denim in it - black goes with any colour so no chance of a colour crash! Maybe it is time I ventured out of my comfort zone and tried adding the odd embellishment here and there.

Thanks for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into:
{PIN}spriational Challenge 143- Everything is better in pink

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card Pippa. Congrats on becoming a Great Aunty. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 'new assignment' and what joy this little wonder will bring into your family's lives. Very pretty & so appropriate card. Love the sweet image and the delicate pinks...just right for a new little angel. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete