Sunday 14 June 2015

Something completely different

Of late most of my cards have involved colouring in an image, however when it came to making a birthday card for my sister-in-law I ran out of time so I used a coloured image from The Paper Shelter instead.

Materials used:SAM_1721.(watermarked)jpg
Paper Shelter - Vintage Seamstress
Kraft card, light brown and dark brown card
Printer paper
Happy Birthday acrylic stamp
grey ink pad
ivory lace
two old buttons


Method:
I printed out two copies of the image, one I trimmed to size for the topper base and from the other I fussy cut the girl and her sewing machine. Using the grey ink I stamped the sentiment into the top right of the card where the background was lightest. I matted and layered the base image onto the light and dark brown card leaving a narrow border each time. I edged the final mat with the ivory lace before attaching it to the card base made from the Kraft card. Finally I stuck on the two vintage buttons from my button box.

So no colouring and some embellishments added, not my usual CAS style. My sister-in-law is a keen quilter so I thought she would like this image.

Thanks for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into:
Word Art Wednesday Challenge 187 - Anything goes/Family friendly
Pixie's Snippets Playground - (the lace and the buttons)
Ants in my pantry Digital Challenge 6 - Anything goes

6 comments:

  1. Linked you Pippa! A darling card, pre-coloured images are always lovely, and your prize from last week has been been posted today :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have also added your name to the draw. No need to stay out just because you won last week. Thinking more about this card - now you have the basis for next year's quilting themed card :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect card for a quilter! She will love it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie Abrahamson16 June 2015 at 14:18

    Love that lacey frame for the sweet image! I'll bet your sister-in-law loved this card! Thanks for playing along in Doodle Pantry's AIMPDC #6!

    ReplyDelete