Wednesday 7 January 2015

Dancing Queen

My youngest daughter has a birthday coming up soon. She just loves to dance and she is rather fond of fairies and so when I came across 'A spritely sprite' at Squigglefly I knew it was meant for her.

SAM_1295 (watermarked)

Materials used:
Squigglefly - A spritely sprite
Copic and Spectrum Noir pens
colouring card
snippets of silver, purple, black and patterned card
Wink of Stella Shimmer Clear
DL card blank
A5 card blank


Method:
I printed out my image to the desired size on card suitable for alcohol ink pens and coloured it in with the Copic and Spectrum Noir pens. I added some wink of stella to the wings then trimmed the image to size and matted and layered it onto silver and black card before attaching it to the card blank. I printed off the sentiment, matted it onto white card and attached to the card front. 

SAM_1296 (watermarked)

 

(Detail showing the glimmer on the wings) 

 

 

 

SAM_1290 (watermarked)

I coloured in a second image using purple instead of blue but the wings did not come out as I liked so I cut them off. Now I am not sure which one to send her! Her favourite colour is blue so I may send that one but then I am not sure if the wingless image looks the better coloured of the two. Her birthday is not until the end of the month so I have a couple of weeks to make a decision!

Thank you for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Your Scrapbook Place - anything goes
Pixie's Snippet's Playground - Week 158
Squigglefly Challenge 115 - glitter and/or sparkle
Pennys Challenge 209 - Anything goes

11 comments:

  1. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pippa! Have sorted out your linking. Love both these cards. Just perfect colouring too.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely delightful image and sentiment. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Di, and thanks for having a word with Mr Linky - not appropriate behaviour for the playground! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you changed it up and made two completely different cards! The glimmer on the wings is lovely. Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pippa, Think you did a fine job on each of the colors, and this is a darling image too. (I thought of the ABBA song "Dancing Queen' when I saw your post title). Actually I like the winged fairy best, I think, because of the WoS sparkle. This is just a really happy, spritely image, so I think either one would be a fine choice for your card. That sentiment really fit with the image and your particular occasion too. Well done! Happy Sunday, TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work! Thanks so much for joining us at the Squigglefly challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super pretty image and coloring. Great card for your daughter. Love it. Thanks for joining us in the Squigglefly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining our GLITTER & SPARKLE challenge at Squigglefly this week. Your gorgeous card certainly ticks those boxes!
    Love
    Jen
    Squigglefly DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the image. I like fairies too. Your daughter will love this card. Thank you for joining us at YSBP

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your gorgeous coloring of Spritely Fairy. And isn't it easy to make up a second card using the same image? I often do that myself. Thanks for playing in Your Scrapbook Place challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete