Tuesday 13 January 2015

Butterfly Thanks

It has been a while since I last had an entry into the Butterfly Challenge. She now has two weeks to enter so with more time I decided to have a go. I also wanted to try my hand at the Polkadoodles Tic-Tac-Toe challenge. I needed a butterfly for the Butterfly challenge so found one from Poldadoodles which would then qualify for that challenge.

SAM_1303 (watermarked)

Materials used:
Polkadoodles Digi Stamp - Butterfly Flutter
Rubber Stampede - Thank you
Couture Creations Embossing Folder - Leaves
White stamping card
Spectrum Noir Pencils


Method:
I printed out several copies of the butterfly image onto white stamping card and coloured them with the Spectrum Noir Pencils. I opted for pencils rather than pens in an attempt to get a softer feel and veins on the wings. Using another A4 sheet of white card I dry embossed it with the leaves embossing folder then folded it to make the card blank.

SAM_1302 (watermarked)

 

 

Inside the card I stamped the sentiment and attached the base layer of the butterfly. I then cut two more images and used them to build up the wings on the butterfly in different layers.

 

For the Polkadoodles Challenge I have used the left hand column: sentiment, more than 2 layers (the butterfly's wings), and embossing (dry).

Thank you for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into:
Butterfly Challenge #21 Thank you with butterflies
Polkadoodles Challenge Week 1 - Tic Tac Toe

6 comments:

  1. You succeeded very well with the delicate coloring on this pretty butterfly. I think your choice of the pencils was spot on. Love the embossing and that very interesting fold on this card. Pretty, Pretty. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pippa and welcome back to the butterfly challenge. I love your double folded card. The butterfly in the centre fold is a nice surprise for the recipient to find upon opening the card. I love the 3D effect on the butterfly and of course the colour. You have given me an idea for a male b/day card now as I have the paper but couldn't decide on a card shape to show it off to its best. Thankyou for fluttering by #21. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you made one beautiful card for 2 challenges. The embossing is gorgeous with such a fun fold and your pretty butterfly and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE! Love the dimension and the colouring xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful project, Pippa. Sweet and simple. Thanks for playing along with PolkaDoodles’ Tic Tac Toe challenge. A new challenge has started. Come play with us!
    Asha (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pippa, thanks for your comment on the Brusho skating bear. There's lots of videos available, and some blogs that have wonderful examples of Brusho backgrounds. I'm a veritable novice, who is still a bit skittish about sprinkling on too much crystals and making a mess. It was fun to see the colors develop and I expect I'll get more brave when I keep trying. I did like the way that background turned out though. So good luck when you receive yours. In case no one has told you, don't take the top off. I saw a video where this lady opened the cup- dipped her damp brush into the crystals and painted away. Most of the other ones I saw, said don't open the cap. So that's what I did. Also be careful of the size of the hole you poke in the top. Diane at the Snippets Playground warned me about that! Good advice. You can always make it larger. You can't make it smaller if you first start too large. Hugs & Happy wkend.

    ReplyDelete