Wednesday 21 January 2015

A quick get well card

Having over indulged on colouring lately, this card has hardly any colouring on it!

SAM_1321 (watermarked)Materials used:
Tiddly Inks - Hope ewe get well digi stamp
Spectrum Noir pencils
cotton wool
white stamping card
2 shades of green card
black card
square white card blank
x-cut postage stamp die


Method:
I printed out the image 2x on white card and cut one using the postage stamp die. I coloured in the flowers and snail with Spectrum Noir pencils and then matted and layered it onto the green card.

SAM_1318 (watermarked)

I cut the ewe from the second imaged and stuck cotton wool on to make her wool before sticking her to the base image with gel glue.

 

I scored the front of the card black down the middle to make an easel card then stuck black card to the folded half and the inside of the card. I used a snippet of the green card to make a grassy card stop and stuck the matted and layered image to the card front.

This was a great card to do, not just because it was quick to make but also because of the fun sentiment. I made it for a friend and I hope that it will cheer them up.

Thanks for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

7 comments:

  1. Ewe are too funny Pippa. Fab and fun card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank ewe for your comment Sarn. At least I'm not baaaa-my, not quite anyway!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorably cute with the cotton ball 'fleece', and the upside down sheepster! What a perfect image for the fun sentiment, and it's bound to bring a smile to whomever opens the envelope. Very nifty in your color choices, and I liked the grass trim too. Smiling always makes recovery faster, so great card! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind comments Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun card! I love the cotton wool effect, it reminds me of playing around in Art at school!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Mary. This image came from a set of sheep all of which are comical so I am hoping to get around to playing with the whole flock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Incywincycrafter. I work in a school so still get to play with cotton wool on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete