Friday 28 November 2014

Slow down please, I'm not ready

That time of year is rapidly approaching now with Advent just around the corner. Have I made the cards? Have I bought the presents? Am I ready? Don't be daft!

Anyway to take my mind off all the things I have not done, I have been working on anther challenge, this time the monthly one at From the Heart Stamps. Like Deedee's challenge it is another progressive one, if you enter you automatically get sent the image for the following month. The image this month is a lovely simple Christmas one and it fits the bill for a few challenges.

Materials used:SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES
From the Heart Stamps - Angel Joy (faithful friends)
Spectrum Noir and Copic pens
Wink of Stella Clear
White stamping card
gold pen
Centura Pearl White card
patterned paper and left over snippets


Method
I used the centura pearl card to make a 14.8 cm square easel card base. I matted a 14.5 cm square piece of patterned paper to a 14.8 cm square of centura pearl card and attached this to the fold on card front. I printed out the image 4 times at the size I wanted then coloured them in with the pens.

[caption id="attachment_835" align="alignleft" width="260"]Close up of angel Close up of angel[/caption]

I cut the base image into a square and ran a pink Spectrum Noir pen around the edges. I used a second image and cut out most of the angel and the top of the large bauble which I stuck over the top of the first image using gel glue. I then stuck the topper to the front of the card. I printed out the sentiment and cut it to size. After running the same pink pen around the edges I matted and layered it onto patterned paper and centura pearl card. I lined the inside base of the card with patterned paper and added the greeting using 3d foam pads as the card stopper.

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

The remaining two images were cut out and decoupaged then added tothe front of a white A5 card blank which already had the sentiment printed onto it. Both angels then had wink of stella applied to their wings.

I think these two cards will cover a few challenges so off now to check the requirements. I know they fit the bill for Rudolph Day and as it is Sarn's final one I really want to get over there.

I hope your preparations for Christmas are going better than mine! Thanks for taking the time to visit. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my cards into the following challenges:
Easel card: From the Heart Stamps Monthly Challenge
Outlawz Friday Coloring Challenge - Anything goes with optional Christmas twist
A5 card: Less is More Challenge - Week 199 Jingle all the way
Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge - Anything goes
Both cards: Rudolph Day Challenge

7 comments:

  1. So cute and beautifully coloured. Thanks so much for taking part this week.
    Sarah
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pippa . . . thank you for playing along with Rudolph Day and entering these two cuties.

    Hope to see you over at Scrappy Mo's in the New Year.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    PS: I'm not ready yet either! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable digi angel image. Love the way you did 4 prints & used each one on the very pretty card. I'm not ready either! And the time keeps going faster & faster too. Take care, and hope you are able to enjoy your Saturday evening. TFS & Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab CAS card... just super for our challenge!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both adorable. Love this pretty image.
    Think I am ready card wise but only get half the insides finished. It will be a sea of inserts tomorrow as monday is our last day for posting overseas!


    Hope you will drop by my blog in 2015. The Scrappymo version of Rudolph Days will be held from the 25th till the end of each month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome easel card and the CAS one looks perfect. Love both !!

    Thanks for joining our SOTM November Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps. Did you see the "Thanksgiving Sale" ends Nov 30 in the shop ? It´s worth to drop by :-) Lots of new(older) images in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to be so late visiting you this week, love the CAS version!
    Thanks so much for entering the LIM Challenge
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete