Friday 7 November 2014

More or Less

I am really cutting it fine this week with my Less is More Challenge but it has been one of those weeks. This weekend the church has a flower festival, a concert commemorating WW1 in music and verse and the Remembrance Sunday services. I have been putting together the PowerPoint for the concert, not easily done as the running order kept changing!  Next weekend is the church's Christmas Fair and I have been busy making gift bags and boxes for my stall. Also it was back to school this week so the usual planning has had to be fitted in and a couple of meetings as well!  With all that going on is it any wonder that I managed to order the wrong ink for my printer (it is now completely dry!) and fall of a table!

So taking out a moment of calm I have made my entry for this week's Less is More challenge, I hope you like it.

SAM_0897 watermarked

Materials used:
Deedee's Digi Stamps - Happy Trails
Printing card
A5 white card blank
Vintage Photo distress ink
type lyrics for the Cowboy Carol
Husbands printer! (Mine is dry remember!)


Method:
I needed a really quick card today so I used the coloured images rather than colour in the line images myself. The cactus is not as tall as that but with the boots in front of it I could make it higher on the page. Having arranged my words and images on the page I printed them out and trimmed them slightly smaller than the card blank.

Using the distress ink I inked around the edges of the card blank with a brush and also used a piece of cut and dry foam to ink the edge of the layer, which I then stuck to the front of the card blank.

The theme for the Less is More challenge this week is none traditional Christmas, no red or green, so I am hoping to get away with the green cactus (it's not really a Christmas green!) So fingers crossed.

Here is the card again but this time I have tried to recolour the cactus so it is not so green. I was going to make it browner but with the brown hat and boots it was too much.

SAM_0897 recoloured watermarked

Thanks for visiting. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter this card into Less is More's Non-traditional Colour Christmas Card

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, I like the image.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful use with this nifty DeeDee's digi. Love how you've added that lovely cowboy verse (?song?). It really fit with the boots & cactus, and the words are so pretty & inspiring too. Gosh, you've been busy, at least you are accomplishing lots. I feel as though I'm just spinning my wheels. Your image looks fine to me for a non-traditional Christmas. I expect lots of our western states may have a cactus rather than a fir tree to decorate!!! TFS & Happy wkend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mary. The carol is one I had in a very old children's carol music book from when I was little. I have not heard it being sung in quite a while now so I think it has dropped out of the popularity ratings! The words are inspirational and not obviously Christmassy - but then neither is the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous non-trad card (even though it has green lol!)
    Sorry to be so late commenting this week, thanks so much for your LIM entry
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how I managed to miss commenting on this last week!
    This is just terrific... what an unusual and fab card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete