Thursday 27 November 2014

Deedee's Challenge

I know it's been a while and I did say I was going to try to keep up with the Less is More challenge but life got in the way!  Today has seen a flurry of activity in the craftroom trying to make amends for the 'dry' patch. Spurred on by the realisation that the end of November is only a few days off  I have rustled up a couple of entries for progressive challenges that end on Sunday. If you enter you automatically get sent the free digi for the next challenge, so you can see why I did not want to miss out.

The first one I tackled was for Deedee's challenge. I really like the fact that the images come in  coloured and line drawing  versions. Being pressed for time I chose to use the coloured version for my make.

Materials used:Moose Bag (watermarked)
white printing card
Deedee's Digi Mix it up
2 holly brads
snippet of ribbon
X-cut bag die


Method:
I used a designer software programme to make the paper for the bag taking the stacked bowls image, reducing the size and repeating it across the whole A4 sheet. I printed out two sheets of my created paper, 1 sheet of Deedee's stripped paper and 1 sheet of the cooking moose with repeated images on it (I used the same programme to put one image onto a green background.

Moose Bag and Tag (watermarked)

I used the x-cut die to cut out my bag from my designed paper and also cut the tag and 2 bows from the stripped paper. I cut out the moose images and used four of the extra images to 3d decoupage the base image on the green background. I made up the two bows, 1 I attached to the front of the card with a holly brad and the other I attached with another holly brad to the top of the tag. Finally I threaded a piece of ribbon through the loop at the top of the bow on the tag.

Sorry the photos are not good, still trying to work out the lighting. I am not a photographer so any tips would really be appreciated.

Thank you for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Deedee's Digis: November Digi of the Month Challenge
Pixie's Snippets Playground - week 152

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pippa! I spotted your comment and have just linked you into the Playground :)

    LOVE your bag and tag - perfect for Christmas. Fill it with mince pies and bring it to the Playground in the run up to Christmas, pretty please :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect little gift bag. Love that bow xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative way to use this set, Pippa! I love that you made your own paper from which to cut the bag, and your bows are divine! I might need to borrow your idea for gifting some Christmas goodies. ;-) thanks for sharing this at Deedee's Digis!

    ReplyDelete