Tuesday 11 November 2014

Word Art Wednesday

A long-standing member of our congregation at church is leaving soon and moving closer to her family so I was asked to make a card for the church members to sign. The design I eventually settled on also qualifies for the Word Art Wednesday challenge.

Shepherd (watermarked)

[caption id="attachment_808" align="alignright" width="291"]Shepherd Closeup (watermarked) A closer view of the shepherd[/caption]

Materials used:
Shepherd and verse stamps (origin unknown)
tuxedo black memento ink
stamping card
A5 kraft card blank
mid and dark brown card
snippet of green stripy paper
Spectrum Noir and Copic pens


Method:
I stamped the shepherd out three times and coloured the images in with the pens. One image I trimmed and matted and layered as the base of my topper, the others I cut different pieces out of to 3d decoupage on top of the base image.

I stamped out the verse and matted and layered that to match the topper. I placed a snippet of green paper behind the topper and then arranged the other items how I wanted them before sticking them to the card front.

Thank you for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter this card into;
Word Art Wednesday Challenge 157
Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 150

4 comments:

  1. Great colouring and decoupaging. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely a wonderful scene. Thank you for stopping by with your lovely art for our 157th Anything Goes Challenge here at Word Art Wednesday. We appreciate your faithful participation.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Pippa! You have some patience there too :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete