Wednesday 3 December 2014

Guest Designer Week 1

So the cat is out of the bag, as some say. I have been asked to be a Guest Designer Team Member for Deedee's Digis during December. My creations will usually be posted on a Wednesday on the website and my plan is to do a post here to coincide with it, allowing for continental time differences!

For my first effort I really pulled out all the stops so please do not be too harsh if the following weeks are not so good!

Materials Used:SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES
Deedee's Digi Stamps: Away in a Manger and Beauty of the Season
A3 white card
White stamping card
Gold mirri card
Spectrum Noir pens
Copic Ciao pens
Circle die
Gold glitter
Happy Christmas stamp


Method:
I made up a tri-fold square card using the A3 white card and layered the middle panel with gold mirri card. I printed out the whole of the Poinsettia image and 3 extra copies of just the flowers at the same size. I also printed out multiple copies of the manger line drawing version.

I cut the main poinsettia image to fit the middle panel of the card, slightly smaller than the gold layer then used a circle die to cut out just the part of the circle between the two ends of the line of flowers, I also cut a circle out of the middle panel lining it up with the circle from the image. Having glued the poinsettia panel to the card I was left with a circle going through the middle panel. (I hope all this is making sense, foolishly I forgot to take photos of the stages and describing it is somewhat tricky!) I used the remaining poinsettia images to decoupage the flowers adding some gold glitter to the centres.

Moving onto the manger images I coloured them in with Spectrum Noir and Copic pens. I used one image as the base and mounted it onto the right-hand side panel so that when the panel was folded in the manger image showed through the hole in the middle panel. I then used the other images to cut out and decoupage the bottom layer. I then used a fine black pen to draw in a dashed line around the cut out area and stamped the greeting at the bottom before gluing the two panels together.

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESNearly there now. For the insert I used the same poinsettia image as on the front of the card, just smaller and a greeting from the sets.

 

Finally I made up an SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESenvelobox for the card, printed out the same poinsettia image cut it to size and stuck it to the front of the box. I added a dotty border and heart corners with a fine black pen and put envelop glue on the flap. Phew, all done!

 

I told you I had pulled all the stops out for this one. Believe me the rest are not nearly so complicated. Of course the beauty of Deedees images, as I think I may have mentioned before, is that they come as digi stamps and as coloured images so you can make your cards as simple or as complicated as you like. My card took quite a while to make and with all the layers needed a box to post it in. You could make it up as a single layer and also instead of colouring in the manger image print that one out already coloured. I chose to combine coloured and digi stamps to show off all the possibilities available (and also because I am not very good at colouring in flowers!)

Thanks for visiting. Take care.

Pippa

2 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous!!!! I love the way you did this and the design is absolutely stunning with that image. Fabulous card!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pippa, this is just a lovely, lovely use of DeeDee's beautiful poinsettia digi. Congrats on being Guest Designer. I know you're going to show us some wonderful cards & projects during your time as GD. Can't wait to see them. Well done on the initial foray - I love it! I also love how you combined the beautiful flowers with the real reason for the season. The circle aperture & piercing looked marvelous with the designs. Hugs & TFS

    ReplyDelete