Thursday 9 January 2014

Snippets

Di very kindly left a message on a previous post inviting  me to her blog Pixie's Crafty Workshop.  Her 'Snippets Playground' challenge looked intriguing and a bit different so I thought I would give it a go.  This is the card I came up with.





Those of you who have veiwed my post about the cover for my Art Journal Calendar might recognise the theme.  The card is made from the left over bits from that project.

Materials used:
Embossing folders: 
Craft Concepts - Woodgrain, Cottage Floral, Budding Vine
Cuttlebug - Ice Crystals

Stamps:
Letters - Panduro
Seasnon's Greetings - Creative Stamping Magazine

Ink:
Sepia Archival

Card:
Core'dinations offcuts from previous project
White card blank
Kraft card off cuts

Paper string off cuts

Method:

I folded one half of the card blank in halves to create an easel card.

Using the sepia ink and masking off the ' in Season's and the s in greetings I stamped the sentiment onto a strip of white card then added the A using the Panduro Alphabet stamps.

I used another off cut strip, pale lime, to put under the greeting and used 3D foam pads to mount the greeting strip having first gone around the edges with the sepia ink.

I cut four off cuts of Core'dinations card into tags and sent each one through a different embossing folder to match the season.  

Blue - winter - ice crystals
Pale green - spring - budding vine
Darker green - summer - cottage floral
Browny orange - autumn - woodgrain

I then mounted them onto some off cuts of Kraft Card, punched a hole in the top and threaded with paper string.  The triangles in contrasting colours at the bottom were the cut offs from the season tags on my Art Journal cover.


A closer look at winter and spring
and summer and autumn







Before attaching them to the bottom half of the folded card I ran the sepia inkpad along the two side edges.




And there we have it, job done.  Now I just need to work out how to link it to the challenge!


5 comments:

  1. Hi Pippa! Well done on the linking and welcome to the Playground :-)

    Love your stunning card - so clever to cover the four seasons so neatly and absolutely super use of snippets.

    Hugs

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pippa . . . being the new girl in the Snippets Playground you get extra goes on the swings and everything!

    Watch out for the duck pond . . . it's a little larger than usual due to the wet stuff coming down from the sky.

    Love your snippets easel card and thanks for sharing how you made it.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tutoirial on how to create the seasons. Brilliant idea!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pippa, Welcome to the Playground, and so nice to meet you. Enjoyed reading your profile and learning that after 20 yrs stamping, you say you're still a beginner. I haven't been stamping nearly that long, and am definitely a beginner. But it's great fun and I learn from all the bloggers & especially those Playground Pals. I am always impressed by easel cards, never having attempted one. I really enjoyed your snippet tags with the seasonal motifs and the way you used the triangle corners to display them. Looked around for a followers list, but don't see one. So hoping to see you again with your beautiful cards over at Pixie's, and hope you find time to visit me too. TFS such a creative way to use some snippets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary, thank you for your kind comments. I would add a followers list but have no idea how too! Any tips gratefully received as I am very new to all this. Love your blog too so no doubt will be popping in now and then.

    ReplyDelete