Friday 3 January 2014

Time for those 'Thank you' letters

So Christmas is over and it's time to write those 'Thank you's'  which means making the 'Thank you' cards.  So  this year I have made a quick vintage style floral card. I apologise now that the photographs are not wonderful.  I am thinking I might need to invest in a better camera but then there are so  many things I need to save up for already; a new A3 printer, a melt pot, more stamps, more inks, more card etc.



Having looked around at other people's blogs I notice that many start with a list of 'ingredients' so I thought I might as well do likewise.  So here we go, first make of 2014.

Ingredients:
Stamps
 Calligraphic Mat 13 from the Aritistic Stamper 
Fleur Botanique from January's issue of Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine
Thank you! from Stamp Craft

Inks: 
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Tea Dye, Old Paper, Vintage Photo
Memento: Rich Cocoa

Pens:
Spectrum Noir: LY1, LY2
Sugar Loaf: Dark Brown

5.5 inch square white card blank
Post-it notes
Blending tool

How I made the card:

1. I put a post it in the centre of my card blank to mask off a space for my greeting.
2. I stamped the Calligraphic Mat over the whole card front using second generation stamping and Vintage Photo ink.


3. Leaving the mask in place I then stamped the Fleur Botanique using Memento Rich Cocoa in the middle of the card blank.


4. I then removed the mask and stamped the Thank You! in the space using Memento Rich Cocoa.


5. Using Tea Dye and Old Paper Distress Inks and a blending tool I coloured the whole of the card front.  Because the Old Paper has a green tinge to it I tried to put more where the leaves are on the design.


6. With the Spectrum Noir pens I coloured one rose in the top right hand corner of the card. 


7. Then I feehand drew a boarder with the fine tip of the brown pen around the Fleur Botanique design and the greeting.



8.  The finished card.  Now all I need to do is write them!



I have made a fairly quick card because I needed to make quite a few quickly.  You can make a more elaborate card by colouring in more of the design and some of the roses are crying out to be decoupaged.  Changing the colour scheme and or background would change the look also.  

I had better go and write all those cards now.  











1 comment:

  1. Totally brilliant! I often forget about masking and this is a timely reminder. x

    ReplyDelete