Tuesday 23 February 2016

Tea For Two?

My sample for Imagine That! Digis by Kris for the middle of February was specially made for a very good friend. I think I have mentioned my friend Melanie in a past post, she introduced me to the joy of stamping many, many moons ago. We do not often get together, sometimes not for years, but when we do it is as if we had never been apart. Somehow we always manage to pick up our friendship where we left off. Mel is convinced that she and I are twins separated at birth, the fact that she is 6 months older than me does not seem to have occured to her! This card is for her birthday.

Materials used:  SAM_2629(watermarked)
Imagine That! Digis by Kris - Floral Tea Set
Imagine That! Digis by Kris - Bella's Beauties Satin Fabrics Papers
X-Press It card
printer card
white square card blank, folded to make an easel card
Copic pens
foam pads
Happy Birthday acrylic stamp
black archival ink pad


For this project I created a hybrid card using the coloured image for the tablecloth and adding the tea pot and cups which I then coloured by hand.

The image mat and the inside panal of the card are from the Satin Papers set - silver satin.

The sentiment is from the Floral Tea Set and the greeting is stamped on using black ink.

Having typed this up I realise just what a hybrid this card really is; digital image for the table top, digi stamps for the tea set and traditional stamping for the greeting!

Thanks for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks #286 - Friendship
As You Like It Challenge - Favourite Fold or Shape (I really like easel cards, mainly because they are easy to fold but also they give you extra viewing space to put a special message that will not be hidden inside the card)
Crafting With An Attitude #12
Crafty Girls Creations #14 
Creative Corner Challenges - Coffee or Tea
Creative Fingers #103
Digi Designs Challenge - Birthday
Simply Papercraft Challenges #23
Craft For The Craic February - Something To Make You Smile (my friend Mel always makes me smile)
Jo's Scrap Shack Fun-Day Friday Challenge #126 - Anything Goes
All-Sorts Challenge #351 - Birthday Wishes
Crafting With Dragonflies #51 - Birthday Card
Scrappers Delights #52 - Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart #100
Craft Your Passion #300
Ike's World Challenges #57 - Going In Circles (circular table and saucers! I hope that counts.)


 

14 comments:

  1. Fab looking easel card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful easel card Pippa, love your coloring of the tea set :) What a precious friendship you share with Melanie - definitely one to treasure. Happy Birthday to her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pippa this is so beautiful! I love your coloring and really adore the image! Thanks for stopping by Jo's Scrap Shack and linking up in our Funday Friday challenge this week! Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Jo-Owner
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card .Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
    Ike's World challenge

    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card, very pretty. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting with an Attitude. Sue DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cute and the pastels are so pretty :-)
    Thanks for sharing with us at As You Like It!
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is just beautiful! I love the way you added your own elements to the image. Thanks for joining Fun~day Friday at Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is very pretty - what a lovely tea set :-)
    Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES :-)

    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes please, tea for two or one is just what dr ordered please? he he this is PERFECT. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent and imagination at work. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty Pippa!
    Thank you for sharing with IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
    Susan
    DT for IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! I like how you used the hybrid style. Thank you for entering into the Scrapper's Delights "Anything Goes" Blog Challenge! http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another beautiful card. Thank you for joining us again for our February challenge over at Craft for the Craic.
    Eithne

    ReplyDelete