Saturday 27 February 2016

Head to Head With The Dragon!

Dragons Lair Designs have a Head to Head challenge on their Facebook page. The idea is that you buy the kit and enter a project made using it. The winner then recieves the next kit free. So I decided to have a go.

Materials used: SAM_2641(watermarked)
Dragons Lair Designs - Watercolour Elements (the shop is undergoing a revamp and I could not find it there so best to request it on the Facebook Page)
printer card
Britannia flower dies (medium and large)
swirl die
gold peel off greeting sticker
self adhesive gems
brown card
PSX Rosa stamp (PSX are no longer trading but you may find it on ebay or similar selling site)
archiveal watering can ink pad
Derwent watercolour pencils
water brush


I really enjoyed getting back to my roots with a bit of traditional stamping! While I do love the versitility for sizing and manipulating that you get with digital stamps, there is still something almost magical in using ink and rubber.

I used the frame from the Dragons Lair Designs kit and put a brown mount inside the appature to frame the stamping.

The flowers are die cut from a paper I created myself using the image lifted from the tag in the kit and repeated all over the page.

The green swirl is one I found in my stash left over from a previous project.

Before I go for today I just want to say a big thank you to all of you who have left such generous comments on my posts, I really do appreciate it.

Thank you for coming by. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes
Digi Choosday - The Colour Green/and or Nature
Addicted To Stamps And More #182 - Make Your Mark
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge #266 - Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner #60 - Anything Goes
Simon Says - Anything Goes
Create And Inspire #40 - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday #220 - Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination #74 - Anything Goes
Whimsy Stamps Challenge #91 - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday #414 - Florals!
Crafty Friends #26 - Florals
Crafting From The Heart #100 - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion #300 - Anything Goes
Love To Scrap #72 - Anything Goes
Not Just Cards #29 - February
Our Crafty Corner #6 - Anything Goes
Where The HeART Is #6 - Anything Goes


 

11 comments:

  1. A very pretty image and florals. Thank you so much for joining our 220th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Your creation is inspiring and very beautiful. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning! Love all the flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at LTSCB and good luck. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Pippa. I am with you. There is just something magical about stamping!
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pippa, This is gorgeous! Your coloring is fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pippa!
    This is lovely, and I want to thank you for sharing your talents with us.
    God bless you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card. I love it. Thanks for joining in Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge :)
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Pippa thank you for joining us over on Inspiration Destination
    Dianne x
    IDCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! So delicate and pretty.
    Thanks for joining us this week @ Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge! Hope to see you back soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete