Wednesday 17 February 2016

Sad little elephant

The image for this month's  Freebie Challenge at Dragons Lair Designs is a cute little elephant. He looked a little sad to me so I made him into a 'Missing You' card, although I think he would work equally well as a 'Sorry' card.

Materials used: SAM_2611(watermarked)
Dragons Lair Designs Digi Stamp (request the image from the Dragons Lair Designs Facebook Page)
X-Press It card
red and black card
white A5 card blank
Copic pens


Rather than print my sentiment separately, this time I composed the whole card as a single layer before printing it out.

I chose to mat it on the red to give a bit of colour to the card. I think it makes the elephant stand out a bit more having the contrast between the bright red and the grey.

The quote from Dr Seus is from one of my favourite books of his, 'Horton Hatches The Egg'. If you have not read it I thoroughly recommend that you do. It will not take long and even though it is a children's book the message behind it is true for eveyone. If you have already read it, or if you do read it as a result of reading this, I would love to know what you thought of it.


Thanks for dropping by. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Dragons Lair Designs Progressive Challenge (Facebook) - February
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #27
A Bit More Time To Craft #14
Love to Scrap Challenge #72
Crafting From The Heart #99
Craft Your Passion #299
Ooh La La Creations #198 - Clean and Simple
Not Just Cards #29


 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Pippa, Oh I love your card, elephants are one of my favourite animals and the expression on this one just melts your heart. Your card construction is gorgeous and perfect for our clean and simple theme. Thank you so much for sharing with us in our challenge at Ooh La La and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pippa, this is so cute, and the sentiment so lovely. What a great CAS card to share with us at OLL in our current challenge, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. I love the sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week. Good luck!!! Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so precious. Especially the sentiment.
    Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion. Good luck, Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous- I love this one! Your coloring is so stunning!! Thanks for joining us at Love To Scrap Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again :)
    Irena DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and we hope to see you again soon.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete