Friday 18 September 2015

Another one I made earlier

Still playing 'catch up' so here is another card from August. My husband asked for a card for a colleague who was retiring so out came the old acrylic stamps.

[caption id="attachment_1656" align="alignright" width="197"]SAM_1995(watermarked) Front of card[/caption]

Materials used:
Dimension Stamps - Garden Shed Set (no longer available)
Clarity Stamps - Bird House set
stamping card
A5 white card blank
Copic pens


Method:
I stamped the garden shed onto the front of the card blank and then again with all the tools I wanted onto stamping card. I coloured all my images in with the Copics and then added the wooden plank detail to the back of the shed on the front of the card. From the second shed image I cut the front and the door and mounted these on top of the card using foam tape to give the shed some depth.

[caption id="attachment_1657" align="alignleft" width="204"]Behind the shed door Behind the shed door[/caption]

I cut out all the elements I wanted to add to my card and attached them to the card base, some just flat and some with foam pads. Finally I stamped on the birds from the Clarity set where I wanted then and added the banner.

Sometimes the idea you have in your head do actually work when you get going on constructing them! I was so pleased when it all worked and the shed door opened to reveal all the tools etc inside!

Thank you for stopping for a while. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into:
Creative Fingers #93
Inspiration Destination #51
Addicted to Stamps #162 - Make your mark
Crafty Gals Corner #37 - Anything goes
Crafting With An Attitude #7
Crafty Catz Challenge #293 -
Special Occassion
(my special occasion - Retirement)
Beccy's Place September Challenge
Crafts Galore September Challenge - Anything Goes
Jo's Scrap Shack Fun-day Friday- Boys to Men

8 comments:

  1. This is so clever! You are very right to be proud about this card, it's so sweet. Thank you for entering the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge, “Anything Goes”. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, CGE DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! Love the interactive part! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week in our Funday Friday Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fabulous Pippa, you've done a great job putting it together! I love the way the shed door opens to reveal all the garden tools inside, you did a wonderful job colouring everything too.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just gorgeous and I am sure it was received with joy...
    Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynn aka Lynnpenguin24 September 2015 at 00:47

    Very nice card. Thanks for entering our challenge at Inspiration Destination. Good luck.
    Lynn, ID DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on being chosen as one of our Top Three winners at Crafting With An Attitude. Don't forget to stop by and grab your badge and display it proudly on your blog.

    ReplyDelete