Tuesday 15 September 2015

It was all going so well!

There I was, firing on all cylinders, mojo up and running on overdrive when out of the blue - bang. Everything stopped and it has is taking a while to get it going again. The reason for this sudden halt - an infection which sneaked up on me then after one course of antibiotics disappeared for a whole 24 hours before returning with a sting in it's tail. So I am now on the second, longer and stronger, course of antibiotics and hoping that this time it will be knocked out enough never to get up again!

In the meantime while I was flat on my back in bed for three days, my mojo packed a suitcase and has gone on an extended holiday, nothing has been posted on the blog for days, all the challenges that I had ideas for have come and gone. Fortunately while waiting for my mojo to come back, hopefully suntanned and refreshed, I do have 'some I made earlier' I can tell you about, always assuming I can remember how I made them!

I think I will start with the card I made for my son-in-law back in the middle of August.

Materials used:SAM_1989(watermarkd)
Little Claire digi stamp - Lazy Summer Days
acrylic stamp sentiment
woodgrain embossing folder
vintage photo distress ink
black archival ink pad
Copic pens
cream card
green card
stamping card
white A5 card blank
corner rounder punch
gold jump rings
small clasp
round nosed pliers
cowboy hat charm


Method:
I printed out my image to the size I wanted and coloured it with Copics before trimming down and rounding the corners. I matted it onto a slightly larger piece of green card with rounded corners. I stamped out my sentiment onto a scrap of stamping card, trimmed and matted it with green card, rounding the corners as before. I used the woodgrain embossing folder to emboss the cream card and then coloured it with the distress ink before cutting a panel to fit across the front of the card. Before attaching the embossed panel I punched a small hole at the top right.

Having attached the embossed panel to the card base, being careful not to stick the hole down, I attached my image and sentiment to the card. Finally I made up a short chain of gold jump rings and attached the charm to one end and the clasp to the other. This then was attached to the card by clipping it onto the embossed panel through the hole at the top. The idea is that the charm on it's chain can be taken off the card and attached to a key ring.

Now that I am on my feet again, and once I have caught up with all the school work and housework that has been neglected for the last few days, I hope to get back into the crafting swing of things again, mojo willing!

Thanks for popping by. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Outlawz Friday Colouring - Hats
Word Art Wednesday #200 - Anything goes
Simply Papercraft Challenges #13
Crafting With Friends #6
Creative Fingers Challenge #92
Art By MiRan #40
Colour Your World With Lucy Sunshine
Craft Your Passion #279
Scrapbook Stamp Society #75 - Anything Goes Option Hat
Ikes World Challenges #46 - One for the men
TTCRD Challenge September 15-21, 2015
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
Your Scrapbook Place September Challenge: Anything Goes

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge
    Welcome again and Good Luck!
    Gr.Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card! Love the image! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

    Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card and sentiment .Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Pippa, I like the charm you added!!
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Hugs,
    Sandra
    TTCRD DT
    Cards and Creativity {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colouring on that image :-) Thank you for playing along at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES and I hope you feel better really soon :-)

    IKE x

    http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.com"> My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you had a rough time Pippa. Hope Mr Mojo comes running back sun tanned and refreshed soon. Mind you . . . this card is just lovely

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card just relaxing wonderful
    Thanks for joining ike's world
    Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for taking part in our Art by Miran challenge, your project is so delightful and delicate,
    and is a joy to look at .. good luck hugs tracy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pippa what a great and fantastic card

    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card, great image & design!
    Glad you could join us for the challenge at Your ScrapBook Place, hope to see you come back soon!
    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska ~ YSBP~DT ~
    http://akstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pippa, this is such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at the Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. Email me link to your card so I can find it at grohcm at gmail dot com. I will send you an email when the post goes live. Thank you.
    Cindy at Cre8ive Cindy Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how wonderful, gorgeous image. Very calming too. Thank you for taking the time and sharing your creativity with us Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is awesome! Love the image, and how you colored it. Thank you for joining us at Crafting With Friends. We hope to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card and awesome coloring so soft and like a summer breeze! Feel better from all of us at Ike's World Challenge and thanks for playing along! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete