Saturday 18 March 2017

Pansy Sprite

Aurora Wings were offering a lovey free sprite digi stamp this month and as their challenge theme is Sprites only I thought I would give it a try.

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Materials used:
Aurora Wings - Pansy Sprite (not yet in store)
X-Press It card
watercolour paper
Color Burst powders
blue and red card
acrylic greetings stamp
black archival ink pad
Copic pens

Pansy Sprite coloured with Copics then fussy cut. Mat made from a piece of watercolour paper 'painted' with Color Burst. This came from my stash box and was made quite a while ago. It was pure coincidence that the colours went.

The image is matted on the Color Burst painted paper then layered onto red and blue card before atttaching to the front of an A5 card blank.

The greeting is stamped at the bottom of the card in black.


My sprite has been made up of two different colour ways, well it's different!

When printing up my images I like to use as much of the space on the card as I can so I often print out smome smaller versions for practicing with. If these go well then they can be made up into ATC's. I managed a couple of sprites that were good enough to use.


SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES















Thank you for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter the following challenges:
Aurora Wings #45 - Sprite Delight IVLemon Shortbread #37 - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations #337 - Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination #124 - Anything Goes
A Bit More Time To Craft #40 - Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. OOOH, what serendipity that your lovely color burst background matched your beautiful coloring of Pansy Sprite, Pippa! Those bursts are so much fun to play with but you never really know what you'll get, eh? I have a number of them saved myself just waiting... In any case, it's a wonderful birthday card that someone will be thrilled to receive. Adorable little ATC's, too. So happy you've enjoyed Mitzi's little gift. Thanks so much for joining our Sprite Delight IV challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pippa. As soon as I saw this I thought fabulous matching of colours and then I read your post. It was meant to be!! :) Gorgeous card Pippa. Love those little characters. That is such a great tip to print out some smaller versions to use up the card. Super little ATCs.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and colouring.. Love the background too.. Thank you so much for joining our challenge #45 at Aurora Wings challenge blog.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.. and Good luck at the draw.. <3 xx ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rich red on the Pansy Sprite and what a fabulous background, Pippa! Stunning birthday card. Thank you for playing at Aurora Wings Challenge! Mitzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so pretty. I love the color burst. I just started playing with them myself. So glad you shared your beautiful card over at Inspiration Destination.
    Billie A
    Inspiration Destination
    Catch the bug
    Creative with Stamps
    Aud Sentiments
    Stampavie and More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card - love the background - thanks so much for joining us over at the Crafty Creations Challenges Blog.
    Kristina DT

    Crafty Creations Challenges
    Cards by Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really beautiful card – thanks for joining in with the Lemon Shortbread Challenge – Sarah DT – http://magentasnowflake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete