Sunday 20 March 2016

I've never done this before!

Ok, so what have I never done before, you  may well ask. Nothing as remarkable as ski down the Mattehorn but still a significant happening in my life! (I really do need to get out more!) I have made a'card' for a specific challenge that is not a progressive freebie one!

Materials used: SAM_2666(watermarked)
Sarn's Sarntangle Rubber Stamp Set (these were a limited edition that have now sold out but you can get some digi ones from her blog: Stamping For Pleasure.)
X-Press It card cut to ATC size
Copic pens
Copic multiliner
Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad


The stamp starts (or ends if you turn it around the other way) with the swirl which I have used as the 'p' in Spring. I added the other letters with the multiliner pen trying to make it look like the swirls in the original stamp.

The leaves and swirls are coloured with the Copics in spring colours (although when I Googled Spring colours it came up with just about every colour in the rainbow and more!)

The black border is added freehand using the multiliner pen.

Now if I am being honest, the reason I have never made anything for a specific challenge, other than progressive freebies, is that I am never organised enough but I was determined to do this one maily so I can plug Sarn's stamps and her fantastic blog, which is well worth a visit, but also so I can feel the ink and rubber again after all the digi stamping I have been doing.

Thanks for stopping by. Take care.

 

Pippa

I would like to enter my ATC into the following challenges:
CASology #189 - Doodle
Lemon Shortbread #11 - Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination #77 - Anything Goes
A Bit More Time To Craft #16 - Anything Goes
2 Creative Chicks #8 - Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner #63 - Show Me Some Green
Sweet Stamps March - Anything But A Card


 

11 comments:

  1. So pretty!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such clever use of the stamp. It's also really pretty!! So is skiing down the Matterhorn on your "to do list"? :)
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Florence, it would be if I were a good enough skier, a couple of decades younger and the cardiologist pronounced a miracle cure of a congenital heart problem!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarn's Tangles are wonderfully designed, and I always enjoy seeing these on cards (my tangling never turns out well, so I really should buy some of the digis. Missed out on the 'real' because of the international shipping charges). You've used this one splendidly, and the turquoise and soft lemon colors work so pretty together for a fresh look. Thanks for the heads up on the digi availability. I've never snow ski'd, and not waterski'd either, though I lived over 40 yrs in Fla. Just not something on my bucket list! But always looks fun & exciting, and I love to watch the skiing when it's in the Olympics. TFS & Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous "Springy" card! Love it- thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pippa . . . WOW that is SUCH a great way to use the Sarntangle stamp. I LOVE it.

    Would you be OK with me adding this to my gallery page on my blog????

    Hugs, Sarn xxx
    PS: Thanks for the shout out too! Mwah, mwah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isnt it fun to try something new? Love your doodles. Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarn No I don't mind if you add it to your gallery. Thank you :) Love Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun doodling on this card. Love it. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Stunning image and great card! :)
    Thanks for sharing it over at 2 Creative Chicks! :)

    ReplyDelete