Thursday 10 March 2016

Challenging myself!

For my entry in the Art By Mi Ran progressive challenge on the Facebook page I challenged myself to use colours that I would normally avoid because I cannot get them to blend as well as others. So it's away with the reds and out with the oranges, purples and greens!

Materials used:SAM_2644(watermarked)
Art By Mi Ran image - it was the image for the challenge and will be available in the store soon.
Color Your Way- Valentine Digital Paper Feather
X-Press It card
Copic pens
white feathers
green and orange card
A5 white card blank


The image is printed out on X-Press it card and the feathers on ordinary printer card.

The sentiment is computer generated.

The white feathers have been coloured using the same Copics as I used to colour the bird and image feathers. Colouring the feathers was an experiment that actually worked!

Even though I was working out of my comfort zone with the colour combination I am quite pleased with the final result. The problem now is that I cannot stop stroking the feathers, they are so soft!

Thank for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Open-minded Crafting #3 March - Luck/St Patrick's Day (I think my sentiment fits the Luck theme and the bird is a good Irish green!)
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge #268 - Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination #76 - Anything Goes
Ikesworld Challenge #58 - Lucky Me (I think my card fits the theme for the same reasons as above)
Crafting With Dragonflies#52 - Girly Cards
Ellibelle's Creative Moments Let's Color Linky Party #4 - Anything Goes With Something Colored
Scrapper's Delights #53 - Anything Goes
Lacy Sunshine's Colour Your World - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create #166 - Anything Goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #29 - Anything Goes
That Craft Place #5 - Anything Goes
Sweet Stamps March - Anything Goes


 

 

17 comments:

  1. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. Wendy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't think of these colors combined together, but it looks very pretty. Love the feathers and your coloring is wonderful! It's a totally delightful card, and well done, You! TFS & Happy wkend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card .Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
    Ike's World challenge

    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer Bradley11 March 2016 at 15:05

    The colours look fabulous and the image is beautiful. Love the feather background and added feather. Thanks for sharing with us in our challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  5. An amazing creation Pippa, loving how you colored the gorgeous image and great details on the card!
    Thanks so much for playing along in my Let's Color Linky Party, new linky will be posted tomorrow, hope you'll come play along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully coloured just love it and those feathers are a great addition. Thank you for joining us at Scrappers Delights. Helen DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful and such gorgeous colouring. Well done to you for stepping out of your comfort zone. Great idea with colouring the feathers :-D
    Thank you for playing at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES :-)

    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Love the feathers! Thank-you for joining us at Color Your World!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, love the touch of feathers.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Annette DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful image and gorgeous card. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent and imagination at work. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful colouring love the image
    thanks for joining ikes word
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  12. The orange,purple and green colour combination is fabulous. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for joining g us at Scrappers Delights. You have done a
    Beautiful card.
    Xoxo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow such a stunning card, your colouring is amazing. Thankyou for joining us over at Open-minded crafting for our Luck/St Patrick's day challenge. Hope you join us again Lynda DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great card - thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet card. The image is wonderfully coloured and the sentiment is a perfect match with the image. I love how you've coloured the feathers - great experiment! :) Thank you for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge, Good Luck! Hope to see you back again soon.

    Hanne, DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this! Those feathers are beautiful! I Love the colors you have used and the sentiment is perfect!! I think your colors blended perfectly!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Sentimental Susan - Etsy}
    {Sentimental Susan - Zibbet}

    ReplyDelete