Monday 21 March 2016

Beauty Part 2

We are now at the midway point of the current Path of Positivity challenge #36 - Beauty. It was not until my second choice of image to work with came that I realised that I had chosen a floral theme for both cards. I think living in a rural area might have something to do with it, but I always think of God's wonderful creation in nature when I think of beauty. Of course people are beautiful, they are, I believe, created in the image and likeness of God. At this point I can hear the sceptics say, 'Then how come the world is in such a mess?' While I agree that the world is a mess and that we have the too often used ability to mar the beauty in it and in each other, but that has more to say about us than it does about God. We are created in God's image but it is up to us as to whether we develop the same mind set of God, whether we align our thoughts and actions as much as we are able to God's will or whether we go our own way and do whatever we like. God gave us free will as people, he did not create us robots.

So back to nature and my card. Our hedgerows are filling with primroses and daffodils and the fruit trees are starting to blossom, Spring is slowly pushing back Winter. The verse from Ecclesiastes sums it up, no more words needed!

Materials used: SAM_2646(watermarked)
Sammi Stamps - Spring Branch
X-Press It card
Copics
8 inch square card blank
black card
Memento ink pads: Rose Bud, Cottage Ivy
blending tool
corner rounder punch


I arranged the Spring Branch stamp on my paper to make a wreath and put the Bible verse in the middle. Having got the image to the size I needed I then copied, pasted and cropped it to just the flower head and printed out 4 copies.

I coloured all the flowers with Copics then cut the base image to size and rounded the corners. I inked opposite corners with the Rose Bud and Cottage Ivy inks.

 I covered the front of the card blank with black card and then mounted my image ontop.

 I fussy cut the extra flower heads and stuck them ontop of the base image to add depth.

There is still time for you to enter at the Path of Positivity, we would love to see you there and there are some great prizes on offer:

SPONSOR & PRIZE INFORMATION:

  • A $12 gift certificate from Sami Stamps, one of our guest sponsors this month, for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.

  • A $15 gift certificate from Lunagirl, one of our guest sponsors this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.

  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.


There will also be:

  • A small selection of digital designer papers from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky person who leaves a comment on posts published during the challenge timeframe.



  • One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.


So come on, what are you waiting for, this is your personal invitation to take a walk along the Path of Positivity!

Thanks for calling in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge #269 -Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenges #311 - Spring Fever
Creative Inspiratios #247 - Nature
Creative Moments #89 - Anything Goes/Spring Has Sprung
Ruby's Rainbow Challenges #125 - The Earth Laughs in Flowers
Word Art Wednesday #222-223 - Anything Goes



 

 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your project and entering our Challenge at Creative Moments.
    I can’t wait to see what you create for our next Challenge.
    Angie DT
    Creative Moments

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! Absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation, so pretty, Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week for our Nature challenge!
    CraftyNatalie- DT
    http://craftynataliesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely beautiful, Pippa. I love it so much, and can't thank you enough for sharing it in our challenge. I would love to have you stop by my blog to say hello if you get a moment. Have a blessed week, and please join us again soon.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the CAS design. Sorry for this delayed comment but just want to thank you for blessing us with this entry on our previous Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Hope to see you back in our new Challenge. Want to share a Word from the Lord found in 1 Samuel 2:9 and it says, "He will guard the feet of his faithful servants, but the wicked will be silenced in the place of darkness. "It is not by strength that one prevails." Have a blessed day!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete