Thursday 8 October 2015

A cornucopia of blessings

The image for this month's progressive challenge at From the Heart stamps is a lovely cornucopia. A few months ago I would not even have considered colouring this image but practice has given me a bit of courage, so here it is!

Materials used:SAM_2328(watermarked)
From the Heart Stamps digi set - Cornucopia
Imagine That digi set - Subtle Harvest Kit
printer paper and card
stamping card
Copic pens
A5 white card blank

Method:
I printed out all the bits I needed for the topper, an extra image and two background papers from the Harvest Kit. I coloured both images and then cut my base image and sentiment to the size I wanted. I covered the front of the card blank with the leaves paper then matted my topper onto the purple paper before sticking it to the card front. Finally I fussy cut the main section of fruit and veg and the small bunch of grapes and pumpkin from the second image, shaped and attached them to the second image using gel glue.

SAM_2330(watermarked)

As I am trying to build up a little stash of ATC's I also made one with this image.

The marathon run of Harvest Services and suppers has now finished and all the apple pies have been eaten! I don't do Halloween so the next big celebration will be Christmas. Whoa! Not already! Where has the year gone? I guess I should be thinking about getting the 200+ cards that we need on the go. Something quick and easy I think!

Thanks for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
From the Heart DOM Challenge - October
If You Give A Crafter A Cookie #29
Jo's Scrap Shack FFC #108
Simply Papercraft Challenges #14
Crafting With Dragonflies #44
2 Creative Chicks Showcase #3 Anything Goes!
Crafts Galore Encore - Make a card
Sisters of Craft - October
Your Scrapbook Place - October
613 Avenue Create #144
Lacy Sunshine's Color Your World

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous job with the colouring......much better than I ever do. Thank you for joining us at Crafting with Dragonflies. I look forward to seeing more of your creations. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just stunning Pippa! Your colouring is fabulous :-) Thank you for joining us at From the Heart Stamps in our Stamp of the Month Challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what a good job you've done on the colouring too Pippa. The card and the ATC are simply lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pippa - you did a fantastic job of coloring on this pretty cornucopia..so congratulations on your skills there. Also love the way you've added the shaped 2nd layer of the veggies & the whole motif looks lovely against the crisp white background. The dark purple mat shows the main image off so beautifully and ties in the background pattern paper. Well done! TFS & have a good wkend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card!
    Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card Pippa! Sums up Autumn perfectly too. I thought I was following you - need to work out why am not seeing your new posts as they appear! Aha, think I got it!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous coloring job! I also love the sentiment, it's just perfect for this time of year. Thanks for joining Fun~day Friday at Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely .thanks for joining us at color your world at lacy sunshine . Good luck.
    Caroline senior ct

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Card!
    Thanks for joining us over at Color Your World by Lacy Sunshine
    Hugs
    Sandra (Sendior DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. so pretty, love the clean and simple design. Thanks for joining us at Color your World Lacy Sunshine Challenge.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card, Pippa. Love that sentiment especially! thanks for sharing with us at Your Scrapbook Place challenge blog this month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous card. Both the image and the sentiment are lovely.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore October Challenge "Halloween or Make a Card" and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful.
    Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks
    :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card and sentiment!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Your Scrapbook Place¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska (DT)*

    ReplyDelete