Thursday 28 May 2015

A 'New to me' challenge

While 'wasting time' on Facebook a few days ago I discovered another progressive freebie digi challenge on the ArtbyMiran page. She has some great images on her Etsy store, well worth taking a look at.

Materials used:SAM_1698(watermarked)
ArtbyMiran digi stamp : Rora and butterfly (not sure if this is a new one just for the challenge as I cannot locate it in the shop)
Stamping card
circle punches
border die
butterfly die
Spellbinders labels die
butterfly punch
pink, purple, yellow card
Happy Birthday acrylic stamp
gold beading wire
2 small purple beads
Copic pens


Method:
I managed to colour in two images, one in pink and one in purple, so made up two cards. The pink image was cut out and matted onto pink card using the Spellbinders labels die. I used three sizes of round punch to punch out white card and coloured them to match th
e bubbles in the image. I also punched out and coloured the butterflies. I used a sheet of white card to make up an A5 card blank and stamped the birthday greeting at the bottom. I then arranged my topper and elements and stuck them down.


SAM_1695(watermarked)For the purple image I folded a sheet of pale purple card to make a long easel card base and cut the bottom with the border die. I made a mat from dark purple card and cut the bottom of that to match the card blank. I used a scrap of dark purple card to die cut the butterfly, glued it to yellow card then cut around the wings. I used the wire and beads to make the antennae. I arranged all my elements onto the card base and stuck them down. I made the card stopper using the greetings stamp on white card matted onto                                                                                       dark purple.

As this is a first time entry into a new challenge I went on the hunt and found some more to enter into! All the links are below if you want to join in the fun.

Thank you for stopping by. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into:
ArtbyMiran Progressive Challenge - May
Addicted to stamps Challenge
Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog - Anything goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge 229 - Anything goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything goes

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at our new blog! If you’ve not had a chance to become a follower, please do so as soon as you can. To be a winner, one must be a follower. If you’ve already followed us, thank you so much and thanks for sharing and joining us today at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again next week and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ema, not sure if I have become a follower or not, I used the Google Friend Connect icon at the top and added you to Bloglovin'. Should I follow by email as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pippa, you have been busy! Love the different looks on each card, with changing up the colors & really liked your 'bubbles' on #1. Loved the easel look on #2...great way to show off the pretty digi. Well done. TFS & Hgus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two really pretty cards, Pippa! Beautiful coloring and I love your easel card design on the purple one...so lovely! So glad you played along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards & great images. Colouring is lovely.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card Pippa, a lovely design and colour scheme - I love your adorable image and super with the 'bubbles'!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful and fun!!! Two cards made!!! I love Art By Miran...I am also a participant in her progressive challenges. Good luck with your entry into our challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This image is so beautiful and you really brought her to life with your amazing colouring skills. I certainly couldn't choose between pink and purple, both look gorgeous! So glad you joined us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete