Monday 4 August 2014

See you on the flip side

August is our holiday month, working in a school we are still tied to school holidays and the most expensive time to go away!  Anyway we will be off for a couple of weeks or so and this will be my last post for a while. My final offering before the break is August's page for my Art Journal Calendar. I know, I've managed to get it in really early for a change, the deadline of getting it done before we go away galvanized me into action!

Apart from holidays, August is a busy month for celebrations. A lot of family members have birthdays this month, including yours truly , and it is our wedding anniversary - biggish one next year.  So the theme for the August pages had to be Celebrate.

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Materials used:
Clarity Stamps: Letterbox Kit, Word Chain - Celebrate

Clarity Cloud stencil
Adirondack Black inkpad
white gesso
blue acrylic paint
red Spectrum Noir pen
various distress inks
glossy accents
black fineliner pen

Method:
I mixed a little blue acrylic paint with some white gesso and painted the pages. When they were dry I used the stencil and plain white gesso to add clouds. Being impatient for the clouds to dry I heated them with my heat gun and discovered that they bubbled and made the paint even more textured.


[caption id="attachment_674" align="aligncenter" width="300"]SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES Close up of the clouds showing texture[/caption]

I used a clip art balloon outline and printed out 31 balloons then cut them out. I edged each balloon with distress inks and distressed the middles too.

Using the black ink I stamped August and Celebrate onto the pages before arranging the balloons in groups of 7. When I had got them arranged to my satisfaction I stuck them onto the page then added the strings and the hearts by hand. I coloured the hearts with the red pen then added glossy accents on them to give them a bit of shine.

So now on with the holiday and the celebrations to fill the pages!

Thanks for popping in. Take care.

Pippa

Oh yes, if you were wondering where the numbers are, I added very, very small ones to the balloon knots after taking the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment