Saturday 2 August 2014

Cooling off!

Boy has it been hot lately and, if the weather forecast is to be believed, set to continue that way for August.  Good news for those of us going on holiday in the UK this summer.

So in the heat what better way to keep cool than to find a shady craftroom and a digi penguin to play with.  I am only just beginning to explore the world of digi stamps but with space becoming more of an issue as we consider what happens when my husband retires and we have to leave the vicarage, this could be the answer.  The kit I have used came from Deedee's Digis and is the one for the July challenge.  If you enter the challenge you automatically get sent the kit for the next month's challenge free!  This is my first attempt so it will be interesting to see how it all works.

I do have a bit of a problem, the same one as for Hunkydory Kits, somehow it does seem a bit of a cheat using just an image.  The kit does come with just the line drawing so that you can colour your own but I ran out of time!  Maybe next time I will do some colouring.  This time I eased my uneasiness by adding some stamped elements!

20140802131324_SAM_0398

 

Materials used:
Deedee's Digi Kit - So Cool
Grey, yellow and orange Spectrum Noir Pencils
Black and orange card
Papermania black and white spotty paper
Shrink plastic (frosted)
Ice cube, glass and cocktail umbrella stamps from Dimension/Nina


Method:
I printed out the greeting once and the penguin image four times, used one image as the base and then used the remaining three to 3d decoupage it. I used the grey pencils to add some shadow under the bath. Using the stamps I made the glass from shrink plastic and the row of ice cubes from card and coloured them with the pencils. I mat and layered the penguin and the greeting then stuck all my elements to the front of an A5 card blank.

In the end I quite enjoyed myself with this so I might even have a go next month!

Thanks for popping in.  Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter this card into Deedee's Digi of the Month Challenge

5 comments:

  1. OMG this caught my eye on Deedee's challenge. I didn't even think to add a drink glass to him!! that is awesome. I changed mine up a bit too and hope to have it posted by tomorrow. I might have to "lift" your ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouraging comment, so glad you like it. I have just popped over to your site and am now following it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. […] figure out a card using it the way it was so I started thinking Christmas card. Well, after I saw Pippa’s totally cool card that she entered I wish I would have thought tropical drinks! But instead of copying Pippa I […]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm not good with the computer either so if I can't cut it out I bash my eyelashes at my husband!! He had to put the hat on because the file was cut off on top so I didn't know what to do. But I just cut him out of the bathtub. It left ice cubes so I covered those with presents. Where there is a stubborn will there is a way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pippa, you did great with this digi. I hear you about the 'cheating' when you don't color it yourself. But it's lovely to have the pre-colored image when you want to 'get 'er done'. I'm a slow colorer, but what I've done is use copics to add additional shading. One of these days, I'll take time and color the line art. You did a super job adding all the extra bits on this cute digi to make it all your own, and I'm glad you played along at DeeDee's. Loved your ice cube borders too, and the colors you selected were very pretty with this little Chilly Fella! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete