Monday 25 August 2014

Just monkeying around!

After a lovely holiday in the wilds of Scotland - no internet and intermittent phone signal - it's back to the inevitable washing, ironing and trying to catch up and, of course, soggy Bank Holiday Monday weather.  Having been away for most of August it is going to be a mad scramble to complete some of the challenges I had my eye on but I did not want to miss this one, so it is first out of the blocks.  It is the wonderful Deedee's Digi of the Month Progressive Challenge.  This month the images she has provided are of monkeys, I chose to do the one with the barrel of bananas.

20140825105118_SAM_0708

Materials used:
Deedee's Monkey Business digi collection
white card
Neenah card
Spectrum Noir pens
X-cut scalloped circle die
Adirondack Butterscotch ink pad


Method:
I printed out the image 3 times, the sentiment and the backing paper. Using Spectrum Noir pens I coloured the images then cut them out and 3d decoupaged them. I matted the base image onto backing paper then onto the front of the card blank. I used the die to cut out the sentiment, coloured the banana then brushed it lightly with Butterscotch ink. I cut a 'ribbon' from a piece of left over backing paper and glued it to the sentiment before attaching it to the card.

Thanks for visiting.  Take care.

Pippa

 

2 comments:

  1. I just love what you've done with these images! The 3D look is so much fun.......almost as fun as a barrel of monkeys! Thanks for playing along with Deedee's August challenge! See you next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pipa hun awesome colouring love it - thanks for joining the challenge at Deedee's hugs Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete