Tuesday 26 August 2014

And still it rains!

Greetings from a very soggy, and cold, Somerset.  In weather like this all you can do is find a warm, quiet spot and play!  So today I have linked two challenges together, it's the only way I will get them done before term starts.

Over at Less is More there is a sketch challenge so I thought I would use the sketch to make a couple of cards for Rudolph Day over at Sarns.

20140826145520_SAM_0724

Materials used:
Mary and Jesus acrylic stamp (I think it is from Dimension Stamps
Unto us a child is born... stamp from Sampendous
Stamps Away Patchwork Template stencils
Distress Inks: tea dye, vintage photo, old paper
Archival Ink: sepia
Memento Ink: rich cocoa
TheovaCard from Clarity


Method:
I made an A5 card blank from the card then using the stencil and the distress inks made a background for my stamping. I then used the archival sepia to stamp Mary and Jesus and rich cocoa to stamp A child is born . . .

Sarn asks for two cards so here is the other one I made.

20140826145509_SAM_0723

Actually I made this one first using two stencils to make the background, but I was not happy with it so tried with just one which I think has worked better.

Thanks for popping in. Take care.

Pippa

10 comments:

  1. Hi Pippa,
    2 great Rudolf cards.
    These are all what Christmas is about.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great cards, fabulous image and great use of the sketch.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards...full of the true meaning of Christmas. Love your inking...both of them in fact!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards and one layer to boot!
    Super!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pippa, Both of these cards are so lovely. It's difficult to find nice inspirational religious stamps. I'm always on the lookout for them. The sepia tones you've chosen for the backgrounds & the stamping impression are perfect for this simple yet so beautiful stamped image. It looks quite dimensional the way you've done the card, and would be easy for mailing too. TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pippa

    I'm playing catch up after returning from holiday - hence the late comment!

    Two terrific traditional Christmas cards here. Love the colours used.

    Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day.

    Hugs, Sarn! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas image and perfect use of the sketch.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pippa what a beautiful Christmas stamp. Super take on the sketch
    Thanks for joining in with Less is More this week
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete