Wednesday 3 September 2014

Getting it done early!

I have just finished my entry for this weeks challenge at Less is More. Ok maybe not that early but early for me!  This week the theme is 'I do like to be beside the seaside'. Actually I do like to be beside the seaside, we live only about 5 miles from the coast!

20140903140449_SAM_0742

Materials used:
Inks: Archival jet black
Adirondack juniper
Adirondack cloudy blue
Adirondack stonewashed
Stamps from Creative Stamping magazine
white gelly roll pen
A4 white card blank


Method:
I used low tack masking tape and scrap paper to mask off a panel near the top of the card. With a stencil brush, torn paper and the blue inks I created the background, trying to make the sea part look as if it is rippled with small waves. I then stamped the figures and the words with the jet black ink and ran a micron pen across the top and bottom of the border. Finally I used the white pen to highlight the tops of some of the waves.

Today was the first day of school for the children in my class so it does seem odd making a seaside scene when the summer holidays are over! At least we had a fairly good summer this year, unlike the last couple of years which have been horrendous.  Oh well only another six and half weeks until half term!

Thanks for popping in.  Take care.

Pippa

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous silhouette scene and adore how you've made the waves
    Thanks for sharing
    Sarah
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I love silhouettes.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely beach card and I too love silhouettes - the waves are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pippa what a gorgeous background for your scene and one layer too! Very stylish.
    I'm impressed that you're blogging on the first day of term :)
    Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous... what a great beach scene and beautifully CAS!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your silhouette seaside card, Pippa! Brilliant job with the rippling on the water!! Thanks for playing at LIM!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUPER card, LOVE those ripples!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete