Wednesday 24 September 2014

Autumn is here

This month's image for DeeDee's Digi of the Month Challenge is a cute chipmunk and a cider apple cup. I decided that I wanted my chipmunk to have a big apple instead of a small one so combined the two images.

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Materials used:
DeeDee's Digi images: Fall warm up
Snippets of patterned and plain paper
Spectrum Noir pens
Distress inks: scattered straw, dried marigold and barn door
Black micron pen
8" square card blank
Neenah card stock


Method:
I printed out the two images onto the Neenah card, having first digitally masked off the apple being held by the chipmunk and resizing the large apple to fit my design. I then coloured the images with the Spectrum Noir pens, cut the main image into a panel and decoupaged the large apple, leaves and cinnamon stick onto the design. I cut the sentiment into a panel and coloured with the distress inks and stencil brushes.

I used the snippets of paper to cover the front of the card blank then used the black micron pen to add faux stitching to the card blank and the panels. Finally I added the panels to the front of the card blank.

This card also gave me the chance to play with my pens a bit more, I am still learning how to get the best out of them. I wanted to try to make the apple look two tone as most Somerset cider apples are, not sure if I have been totally successful in that, though for some reason the photo has made it look a lot brighter!

Having used snippets in this card I think I will head over to Pixie's again, it's a lovely sunny afternoon after a wet start so a run round in the snippets playground would be ideal!

Thanks for popping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would also like to enter this card into The Outlawz Greeting Card Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute and cute! Great card Pippa and I love the wee chap :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hun and fabulous make love it and ty so much for joining the September Challenge at Deedee's hugs Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete