Saturday 9 June 2018

Time For Tea?

The image for the Limited Runs progressive challenge on Facbook is this adoreable little mouse in his cup.

DSC_0269(watermarked)

Materials used:  
Limited Runs Stamps - Cuppa Mouse
Clever Cut Stamps Away - Verse -A-Tiles
heart die cut (from snippets box)
circle frame die cut (from snippets box)
backing paper (from snippet box) a mop up sheet from playing with Brushos a while back
clear flat-backed gems
black archival ink pad
X-Press It card
Copic pens:
mouse - C0, C1, C3, C5, C7    ear - YR00, E93, E95
cup and saucer - V0000, V000, V12, V15


I have a box which is just full of bits, all those bits that you don't throw away because you might find a use for them one day. That box is now getting over full, almost to the point where the lid will not close. So I decided it was time to raid the box and purely by chance I found some bits I could use with my already coloured image.

The backing paper fills the circle and is a bit of mop up paper from a Brushos session. I think I just dabbed the paper repeatedly on my craft mat to use up the Brusho paint that was still on it. The camera has not really picked up all the colours except the darker parts in the top left section. It acutally has a very subtle mottled colouring of purple, pinky purple and some yellow on it.

The black circle frame and the heart were cut for a project and then discarded as not needed. Although the roses in the heart are more pink than purple it doees work for the project.

Once I had assembled all the elements the card did look a bit flat so I added the gems to give it some dmension.

DSC_0275(watermarked)

              

I also made a couple of ATC's with smaller versions of the image I had printed out to practice on, that used up a couple more bits.








Thanks for stopping by. Take care.

Pippa

Entering the following challenges:
Limited Runs Stamps Facebook Progressive Challenge #16
A Bit More Time To Craft #69 - Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks #406 - Love Is In The Air
Inspiration Destination #152 - Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge #383 - Anything Goes
Ike's World #109 - Anything Goes/Song Inspiration (Hello, is it me you're looking for? Lionel Richie. Ok I know it's not that puny!)
Artistic Inspirations #201 - Anything Goes
My Creative Scoop Colour Inspiration Link Up #35
A Bit More Time To Craft Extra - June Anything Goes
Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends #83 - Anything Goes
Simply Papercraft #58 - Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Aww how cute and perfect, thank you for participating at Ike's World Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading how other crafters get inspired to be creatively resourceful! Great usage for your bits of scraps, leftover paint applied paper, and un-used die cuts from previous sessions to make this card! Thanks for sharing at PPCC blog #383! Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, Pippa! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. I like the colors.
    Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
    Good luck!! Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! Bravo!
    Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges.
    Good luck.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha..... great take on the song. That made me chuckle :-D Thank you very much for coming to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES.
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete