Thursday 22 March 2018

A new challenge for a librarian

Before my accidental career as a Teaching Assistant I trained as a librarian so I was thrilled to discover a new challenge, 'The Library Challenge'. Each challenge takes a book as it's inspiration, unfortunately I missed the first one but just have time to enter the second one which takes 'The Hobbit' as it's theme. There are so many paths to follow but I have stuck to dragons.

DSC_0724(watermarked)

Materials used: 
Creative Stamping - Enchantment Collection
Christina Griffiths Card Making Magic Complete Card and Box Die Set 5x7"
5x7" card blank
patterned vellum
black card
white card
Make 'it' Colour blending card
Copic pens:
green skin: G02, G17, G29, G99
purple skin: V05, RV66, RV69, V09, V99
yellow claws, spines, horns and flame: Y13, Y15, Y17
wing spines: C5, C7, C9, 100
wing membrane and eye: R29, R39, R59, R89
orange flame: YR14, YR16, YR07
shadow: W00, W0, W1

The card blank is covered with black card and the vellum cut with a die from the set. The vellum pattern did not show up very well on top of the black mat so I cut an identical mat out of white card to go between the layers.

I used a different blending card this time but did not feel it blended as well. To be fair it just may be a case of using it a bit more and getting used to it so I may have another go in the future. 


The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings are among the books that I have read many times. I have also watched the films. I have to say the films were disappointing in some areas. The Lord of the Rings left out the cleansing of the shire at the end and the battle scenes were too long. Why they felt they had to get 3 films out of the Hobbit beats me. So with the omission of too many important story lines and characters in the films give me the books anytime.

I am still keeping an eye on the advert situation so if you come across any please do let me know.

Thank you for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

Entering the following challenges:The Library Challenge 02 - The Hobbit
Artistic Inspirations #196 - Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart #199 - Anything Goes
PIP Challenge #1811 - Anything Goes
Addicted To Stamps And More #284 - CAS
A Snowflakes Promise #49 - Anything Goes
Creates and Makes #19 - Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread #63 - Anything Goes
Ike's World #106 - Anything Goes/Movie Madness
Creative Moments #139 - Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination #146 - Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks #395 - For The Love Of Kids/Anything Goes
A Bit More Time To Craft Extra - March Anything Goes
A Bit More Time To Craft #64 - Anything Goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #78 - Anything Goes
Simply Papercraft #55 - Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations March - Any Occasion

15 comments:

  1. How beautifully coloured your dragon is! Great cas design and I love the sentiment. So glad you found the challenge! Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! Your colouring is beautiful and I love the CAS style. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card! Thank you for sharing your project with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge!
    Laine - DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautifully created card and very tastefully done! Love the simplicity....it really showcases the image! Thank you very much for sharing this with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning dragon Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
    Ike'sWorld challenge
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I love the colouring and the plain background! Thanks for joining the Creative Moments Challenge.

    Jennifer
    Creative Moments Design Team
    http://carabbiemomentsofcraft.blogspot.com/2018/03/challenge-139.html
    www.scrapatini.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Stunning! Thank you for joining our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! Good Luck!
    Tracyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at 4CC, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations Challenge Blog. Very nice and Good luck!
    Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable Card Thanxx For Entering Your Card In Challenge At Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends .. Good Luck
    Sherry Lynn
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at Creates and Makes
    WIshing you good luck to win beautiful digistamps !

    ReplyDelete
  13. That Dragon is brilliant, WOW. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. A super dragon card and I love that sentiment :-) I thought the battle scenes were all too long too :-( Thank you for coming to play at IKEsART Challenges :-D
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card!
    Thank you for coming to play at IKEsART Challenges.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete