Wednesday 15 February 2017

Love to Craft Midway Reminder

We are half way through this month's Love To Craft Challenge, have you had a go yet? Remember it is always 'Anything Goes' so no need to think around a theme. My sample this time is a birthday card I made for my daughter's step-daughter who loves giraffes.

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Materials used:Scrappers Delights - Needs A Hug Giraffe Digi Stamp
acrylic greeting stamp
black archival ink pad
X-Press It card
yellow and brown card
white A5 card blank
Copic pens


The giraffe is printed out on X-Press It card and coloured with Copics then trimmed, matted and layered on the coloured card and attached to the card blank.

The greeting is stamped in black at the bottom of the card.

CAS is my favourite style, fairly obvious from the past few cards. I think having taken all the effort to hand colour an image it seems a pity not to show it off by not making it too frilly. Having said that I do admire the ability to be able to embellish away and yet still keep the focus on the image, a skill I need to work on!

I hope you will be inspired to head on over to Love To Craft and take a look at the wonderful samples from my team mates and have a go yourself.

Thanks for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pippa. I can not see here the image, but I saw it on LTCCB and i love the CAS look of your casd.
    hugs
    Irena

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an adorable CAS card! Such a cute image.

    Ditto what Irena said...it's not loaded on your page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pippa, this happy giraffe just made me smile. He's darling, and your coloring is wonderful. Agree that when you work so hard at coloring, it's best to keep the design simple and let the image take center stage. I can't manage the layering very well at all, but I love to see it done well. Tend to do the same designs, on my cards, and I should work on using sketches more (and layering!) TFS & Hugs. Have a great week. Hope you get some sunshine. We have a lovely day here in my area.

    ReplyDelete