Saturday 11 February 2017

A Bouquet of Flowers from Scribbles Designs

The great thing about being a GD with Scribbles Designs is being able to pick any of the wonderful images to work with. This time I have chosen one of the many floral ones to make up a spring bouquet. It could be for a birthday, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, Easter, Get Well, Sympathy, Thank You, Thinking of You . . . any occassion really. I have gone with Thinking of You.

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Materials used:Scribbles Designs - Flower Set 1
acrylic greeting stamp
black archival ink pad
X-Press It! card
Copic pens
doily die
silver tissue paper
white spotty tissue paper
silver ribbon


Because all the flowers, leaves and the sentiments are in one combined image I used the crop featuree in Word to issolate the elements I needed for my bouquet. Having arranged them on my page I printed them on X-Press It card and coloured them with Copics.

I fussy cut all the elements and then made up the individual flowers with the flower head, stalk and leaves, shaping the flower heads as I went. I then made my flowers into a bunch and wrapped them in a triangle of spotty tissue paper and tied them with the silver ribbon. I added a few extra leaves where I could see a gap so that there was not too much white background showing through.

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES
A closer view to show the flower stems and filler leaves.












I cut a doily from the silver tissue and attached it to the front of an A5 card blank then positioned and attached the bouquet on the top.


Finally I stamped the greeting on the front in black ink.

If my card has inspired you, why not head on over to the Scribbles Designs Store. They have some unusual designs and lots of freebies you can try.

Another place for inspiration is the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog. There you will also find information on the current challenge.

Thanks for dropping in. Take care and if you are in the UK, especially up north, keep warm!

Pippa

I would like to  enter my card into:
Jo's Scrap Shack Funday Friday #175 - Anything Goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #51 - Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart #145 - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations #334 - Anything Goes
Crafty Girls Creations #33 - Anything Goes





5 comments:

  1. So pretty, I really like how versatile this design is

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Pippa. Love how you have used the spotty tissue paper to make a bouquet. Hope all is well.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you made depth in the flowers, it is such a nice bouquet you made into a card, thank you so much for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and good luck, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! I love your flowers! They are wonderful!! I'm so glad you shared it with us at Jo's Scrap Shack! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation - thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and we hope to see you again for our next challenge soon.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete