Tuesday 12 July 2016

Bugaboo Christmas in July Day 3

Today's theme is to make a tag.



Being a literal type of person I decided to do just that, make a giant almost A5 tag. However I had one of those brilliant ideas that work in your head but not necessarily in practice so the tag I ended up with was not the one I had planned:

SAM_2999(watermarked)

Materials used:Bugaboo Stamps - Tag - Santa's Reindeer
printer card
watercolour card
Brushos - black, turquoise, red, yellow, purple, blue
self adhesive white gems
scrap of white wool
silver eye-let
Distress Inks - Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Black
brown and black Copic pens
silver pen


The tag is printed onto card and the sky coloured with distress inks. I added some silver dots for stars which do not show up that well so put in some gems for a bit more interest.

The centre of the tag is cut out then matted and attached with foam pads to a mat made up of two pieces of card coloured with Brushos.

A silver eye-let is set at the top of the tag and the white wool threaded through. 

I am not entirely happy with this one but am trying to get all the challenges done on time so have gone with it. You may be wondering what my original idea was ... well when I saw this tag I thought of all those wonderful images from the Hubble telescope and how it would look to have Santa driving through one.

98388-050-B83F8FD3

My plan was to create a background paper resembling the picture using Brushos an then printing the tag over the top. However I discovered that my printer does not like watercolour card that much, especially watercolour card that has been 'Brushoed' and that the image is actually quite faint. A pity really because I thought my created paper could just about have passed as a picture from space!

SAM_2998
The 'failed' print out. I have managed to get a bit of a swirl of colour in the middle!

Thanks for visiting. Hopefully I shall be back again with Day 4 tomorrow. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my tag into the following challenges:Bugaboo Christmas in July Day 3 - Tag you're It!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag. I love the technique you have used. Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug for our Christmas in July Celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This caught my eye right away, reminds me of Tim Holtz type stuff, I love it! I don't know what you intended, but I think this is awesome! Thanks so much for joining in our Christmas in July celebration at Catch The Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your tag Pipa and your background is amazing! Thanks for joining us for Catch the Bug's Christmas in July Tag Challenge good luck! Dawn Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for participating in our CIJ event for Mondays ABC Challenge! I love your Tag, so very cute!

    ReplyDelete