Monday 27 October 2014

Warning: Photo heavy post!

You may remember that months ago I gave a little tease about my entry into the Crafter's Inspiration Magazine competition, well at the risk of sounding as if I am blowing my own trumpet I earned a Highly Commended with it.  Since the original post was back in May I have forgotten what I did exactly to make it. I know I had to use something from the free kit that came with the magazine and that I used a digi stamp, coloured with Spectrum Noir pens, and some backing paper. I also used some other stamps from my stash and a lot of Kraft Card and a scoring board.  At the risk of boring everyone all I can do is to post a lot of photos - you have been warned!

[caption id="attachment_784" align="aligncenter" width="256"]SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES The outside[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_778" align="aligncenter" width="225"]Secret side drawer Secret side drawer[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_779" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Contents of secret drawer Contents of secret drawer[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_780" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Treasure map Treasure map[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_781" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Off comes the lid Off comes the lid[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_782" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Inside the chest Inside the chest[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_785" align="aligncenter" width="300"]The inside comes out The inside comes out[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_783" align="aligncenter" width="300"]All the pieces All the pieces[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_777" align="aligncenter" width="300"]A closer view of the inside A closer view of the inside[/caption]

I had a lot of fun making my treasure chest, trying to work out how to make the chest itself was the hardest part! I deliberately designed it so the inside pirate could come out so that the chest sides could be sealed up to make a useful chest for putting bits and pieces in. I am not sure that I will ever get around to making another one though!

Thank you for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful accolade you've achieved by submitting your project to this magazine. This looks to be quite an involved project, with lots of planning of design, colors & scoring folds to make it work just properly. It's very clever & oh so cute. Well done you, and thanks for sharing your win with us. Very proud of you indeed, and so should you be!! TFS & Hugs (you're more courageous than I would be. I'd never attempt something this complex - so I'm awestruck with this).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, thank you for your kind comment. I must admit there were times when I wondered what on earth I was trying to do and why didn't I decide to do something much simpler! But I am glad I stuck at it, I learnt quite a lot along the way, (never again comes to mind!), and it was fun in the end.

    ReplyDelete