Friday 3 October 2014

Just words

Over at Less is More the  Recipe this week is Mostly Words. I had just the stamp to make up a very quick card (it's been a busy week!)

SAM_0792

Materials used:
Anita's monkey hugs stamp
Penny Black A hug is . . . stamp
Stamps Away Patchwork Template
Distress inks: antique linen and iced spruce
Spectrum Noir pens and pencils
Whispers brown pen
Memento Rich Cocoa ink pad


Method:
Using the template and distress inks I stencilled in a background on the front of an A5 white card blank. With the memento ink I stamped the A hug is . . . on top of the stencilled panel. I used the brown pen to ink up one monkey from the Monkey hugs stamp and stamped it above the sentiment. I used the Spectrum Noir pens and crayons to colour in the monkey.

A really quick card this time because of lack of time, next week is starting to look busy too!

Thanks for popping in. Take care.
Pippa

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Less is More Week 191 Recipe
Outlawz Greetings Card Challenge - September 29 - ANYTHING GOES!

4 comments:

  1. This is so doggoned cute! Love your stenciling and that cheeky little open armed monkey just waiting to send a big hug! TFS & Happy wkend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. simple but says everything !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry I'm so late with this visit, this is terrific, what a super sentiment!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pippa, Happy Sunday. Hope you have a chance to look at the tutorial, as it's very easy to follow the instructions, and it makes a gorgeous background. I've done marbling with other alcohol inks, but using the markers was a different twist for me. It's probably been around for a long time (like the shaving cream stuff...but I'd never heard of it!). I'm having fun with the backgrounds. Some work, some don't for me. Hugs

    ReplyDelete