Friday 10 October 2014

Happy Holstein!

A good friend of ours will be celebrating their 70th birthday very soon. She is still working as the farm manager of a farm in one of the local villages and has not taken a holiday in years! Among the herd in her care are a number of Holsteins so I could not resist making this card for her.

SAM_0803.jpg watermarked

 

Materials used:SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES
Digi image and sentiment
balloon stamp from Creative Stamping magazine
Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
black fineliner pen
Spellbinder dies
A4 white card blank
silver mirri card
Neenah solar white card
Spectrum Noir pens


Method:
I printed out the cow and sentiment to the size I wanted then cut them out with dies. I also cut mats from the silver card. I stamped the balloons several times and coloured them in with the Spectrum Noir pens before cutting them out. I attached the cow, sentiment and balloons on the card base using foam pads and gel glue on the balloons and sentiment to give depth to them. Finally I drew in the balloon strings with the black pen.

I have recently started a course at Kit and Clowder on skin and hair colouring but overdid the practice and ran out of ink on my favourite skin tone pen! At the moment I am waiting for replacements to arrive and getting frustrated so colouring the balloons has been a bit of therapy!

Thanks for visiting. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter this card into the Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge - It's my Party

No comments:

Post a Comment