Wednesday 14 November 2012

Weekend trip to Narnia

I would like to dedicate this post to the wonderfully inspirational Barbara Gray of Clarity Stamps who has introduced me to brayering.  Lately I have been watching her on Create and Craft www.createandcraft.tv whenever I can, which is not often enough!

This weekend I have been practicing with  my brayer and came up with a couple of ATC's.





I used Adirondack Denim only for the blue one and big and juicy mountain meadow for the red and blue/green one.

The deer stamp is from the set that comes with Creative Stamping magazine.






I then decided to have a go at something a bit bigger and make a card.  So here are the steps I followed in the process!
Collecting the'ingredients'




First I gathered all the bits and pieces I thought I might need.








Plan of design




Then I made a rough plan of the design I was aiming at on a piece of copier paper.








The moon mask and snow line in place


I taped my A6 piece of Clarity card to my work mat using low tack stencil tape.  I then cut a moon mask from a post it note using an X-Cut 1' circle punch and positioned it on  my card where I wanted the lamp light to be before adding the background with Adirondack Pitch Black and Denim inks and a brayer.  The Pitch Black just makes the sky at the top darker and more dramatic.  The snow line is achieved by using a piece of torn paper and moving it down to add a couple of layers.


All brayered and the mask removed















Putting in the lamp light


Next I used another post it with a circle cut out to make an aperture which I placed over the white circle on the card and coloured using Adirondack Butterscotch and a make-up sponge.

Tree stamped edge


The lamp and trees are stamped with Adirondack Archival Black ink.  The lamp post is from the Train Create-a- Scene set by Creative Expressions and the trees are from the Pilkington Wood set.

I then removed the tape from the edges of the card and experimented with two finishing borders.  The first one has a fern-like border stamped using ink straight from the Splodge mat on the tree stamps, the second one just has a free hand wiggly line drawn with a fine black pen.


Black fine line pen edge



.I printed out the words on my computer using a free Narnia font download from the internet. The words and the picture are matted onto silver mirri card and then mounted on an easel card blank made from a snowflake patterned card from Craft Creations http://www.craftcreations.com using 3D foam pads.

Finally I added some ultra fine glitter to the trees and the tops of the snow piles to look like frost.


No comments:

Post a Comment