Thursday 1 November 2012

Hunkydory Weekend

Last weekend I actually managed to spend some time in my craft room making a few cards for upcoming birthdays.  I have only recently discovered Hunkydory's wonderful card making kits and have invested in two large collections.  The images on the toppers are beautiful and the coordinating card fantastic.  Here are the cards I put together this time around.

Birthday Card


For this card I used the backing card with a topper and greeting die cut.  The backing card is matted onto green Adorable Scorable card and I have run a piece of plain twine behind the die cuts.






An Unbirthday Card








This card again uses a piece of the backing card and a die cut topper.  The greeting is stamped onto a punched circle of card and mounted ontop of two paper flowers that have been inked with Spun Sugar distress ink.  The card base is made from pink card.  I have added little gems to the greeting and the two right hand corners. 






A Bon Voyage Card

This card I made for friends who are doing a 280 mile  long cycle ride in Uganda in aid of LINK Community Development.  This time the background is stamped with a variety of bicycle stamps and words using Vintage Photo distress ink.  I added a bow of organza ribbon with the head of a gold square brad on the centre knot. 




New Home Card




I cut a shaped card from the Hunkydory backing card using an X-cut scalloped circle die.  I also cut a smaller gold circle and embossed the edge and cut the topper with a smaller circle still. The topper was die cut in the centre so I mounted the edge using foam pads and put the centre flat on the gold mat.  I tied a bow of three lengths of different coordinating coloured paper string at the top.






Birthday Card



For this card I made the base from white card then used an embossed silver board for the mats.  The topper is mounted on coordinating purple Adorable Scorable card cut with a die.  The corners have faux card candy brads with the top right forming the centre of a black paper flower.  Another flower is added to the greeting easel stopper.  The pearl gems in the two right hand corners of the topper have been coloured pink with a Spectrum Noir pen.







It was great to have some time to play again and I hope you like the results.


No comments:

Post a Comment