Thursday 1 October 2020

Just a quick catch up

So how have you coped with all the madness in the world? It's been a while since I posted so here is a brief catch up.

After the arrival of our first grandson Teddy in the height of lockdown when we could not see him life took an unexpected and unpleasant turn. To cut a very long story short the hospital botched his delivery, an internal inquiry reads like a forensics report from a murder and legal proceedings are underway to sue for medical negligence. It is unlikely that the hospital will contest and the solicitor is hoping they will make a decent out of court settlement. Now I am not usually a fan or suing the NHS but in this instance, and not just because it's closer to home, I feel my daughter is justified. The whole mess robbed her of weeks of contact with her newborn, put added stress to an already stressful time with Covid, left her facing further surgery and weeks of recovery between them with the possibility of leaving her with a life altering condition. All of which could have been avoided had basic checks been carried out when she went into early labour.

On the plus side both mum and Teddy survived (it was close) and Becky is amazing taking it all in her stride while Teddy is a delight.

So you can understand why I have been out of action. My mojo for designing anything went out of the window so I stepped back from Stampers Delights and The Path of Positivity for a while.

Don't think for a moment that I was not crafting, I've been knitting, crocheting and rediscovered my love for cross stitch which has been dormant for many years. All of these involve just following someone else's pattern and that suited my state of mind just fine.

I am back now but possibly only for a short time to serve out my time as it were on the Design Teams. When Becky does go for the next surgery she will be on complete bed rest for some time afterwards so we will be needed to help with Teddy while her husband is at work. 

But for now I am persevering and hoping that there is enough creative juice in the system to get me through the next few months.

To finish with a happy photo!


Take care and stay safe.

Pippa


1 comment:

  1. Huge congratulations Pipper. I am so pleased for you all. Thank you for your email. I only realised just that my reply is in the draft box and was not sent. Teddy is such a beautiful baby!! So sorry to hear that Becky had such a traumatic time and needs more surgery. Thoughts and prayers are with you all. Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete