Monday 20 April 2020

Going out in style?

We are certainly living in the most difficult of times this century with the world in chaos because of one invisible but deadly germ. Life in lockdown seems unreal almost dream like. I thought I would be able to get a lot of crafting done and be on top of my DT commitments but it is not working out that way. In fact I have no mojo for making cards, colouring, sharing. It's like all the creative energy has been seeping away.

Now not all of this is due to Covid-19, can't have it getting all the glory! A lot is going on for us as a family too and being separated is not at all easy. I know I am not the only one but when things are happening to you it certainly seems like it at the time. Does that make me a selfish person, I don't think so it just makes me human.

Anyway I did not set out to depress everyone, so moving swiftly on. Our theme at Path of Positivity this month is Style, something I know nothing about and certainly can't be accused of having. I envy people who can go out shopping and come back with clothes that make them look fabulous even if they have only been to the charity shop. My daughters are both like that, there wardrobes make them even if they do not have a lot of choice in them.
During Covid when no one is going out there have been great stories of people dressing up in ballgowns and wedding dresses just to put out the bins. A couple who live just up the road from us have been going on their daily walk around the area dressed as Micky and Minnie Mouse, they even post up their route on the town FB page beforehand so the children can look out for them. There is a postman in the county who has been wearing a different costume everyday on his rounds. Even in the midst of disaster we are a resilient people and create ways to keep our own spirits up and those of others. Part of me hopes that it does not all go once we are let out.

For the midway post I have made another page for my 'Inspirational Quotes' book.



Materials used:
Lunagirl - Mignon #2 Digital Collage Sheet  
silver mirri card
music themed clear stamps
Brushos in red, yellow and black
black archival ink pad
white printer card

I decided to use the gypsy with a tambourine image for this one and made a themed background with a set of clear music stamps from my stash. The quote I found on the internet and it seemed a great one to use. I think I might take it as a definition of my own style!

I have rediscovered my Brushos after some time of not using them. I love how just spraying a fine mist onto the powdered pigment produces all sorts of different colours. The black has blues in it and when it merges with the red you get a purple colour. Where the red and yellow meet oranges start to form. With it being a powder the sprinkling mixes up the scattered gains so different colours appear within other colours so looking at it now I can see blue spots in the yellow and red and red spots in the yellow. You never know how the powder will react with the water it is quite magical to watch it happen.

So why not join in the fun. Remember all entries need to be uplifting in some way to qualify for prizes and the theme is optional. It would be great to see what you come up with.


Our sponsors this month are Lunagirl Images who are offering a $10 gift voucher for the random draw winner and Scribbles Designs offering one image of $5 or less for the team pick as the most inspiring qualifying entry. For the link to enter and all the details visit the Path of Positivity Challenge Blog here.

Thanks for dropping in. Take care and stay safe.

6 comments:

  1. What a great quote and absolutely gorgeous page! Love the vibrant background and the whimsical music notes! Thank you for joining our Anything But a Card Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your post today and understand how you feel about the lack of Mojo, I've found the best thing is to walk away from the desk and do something completely different. Loving your Quotes page, great sentiment. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pippa, I just love the background on this! Fabulous project! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make Brushos look so amazing. I can never master them. Your card is lovely and we appreciate you sharing it with us at PIP Challenges!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous background! Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends; good luck! We hope to see you in the next challenge, too.
    Jen Leeflang
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so with you on the mojo front. I too am missing family, and also thought I would craft, craft, craft but the opposite has proved to be true.

    I love the quote here and Lunagirl could be one of my ancestors as I am from Romany descent. A gorgeous page.

    Thank you for sharing your fabulous piece in our Anything But a Card challenge.

    Stay safe and well.

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete