Monday 20 May 2019

Path of Positivity Challenge Midway Post: Admiration

There are plenty of examples I could pick for the theme of Admiration but today just want to pick two groups of people, the first is anyone with the ability to paint! I love the paintings of the natural world and among my favourites are the floral ones of Van Gogh and Monet. I think it is the rich colours they both use and the beauty of the settings. I cannot draw yet alone paint which is one reason why I love stamping, someone else has done the lines and I just have to colour it in! In honour of all those wonderful painters I decided to dust off my neglected watercolours and paint this lovely image from A Day For Daisies.

Originally I would have used this card for my sister in law who has a birthday coming up at the beginning of June and loved poppies. She is a member of another group of people whom I admire, people who know what to do with needle and thread. As well as making clothes she was a great quilter and over the years we have been blessed to receive quite a few of her wonderful creations, from Advent Calendar Wall Hangings when the girls where little to Quillows. Sadly she passed away a few weeks ago after a long and courageous battle with cancer.

I am not sure that I will be an any hurry to get the paint out again but I have been inspired by a number of resent happenings to find a needle and thread and look again at my stash of material bits so watch this space!



Materials used: 
watercolour paper
watercolour paints
stitched frame die
gold line peel-offs
5" x 7" card blank


The image and the sentiment are printed onto the watercolour paper together, I altered the line art of the image to a grey colour before printing. 


The background is done by giving the card a very quick and light wash of blue then splatting it with the same blue with some more pigment in to make the colour deeper.


               (Vincent Van Gogh: Vase With Poppies)

   
Don't forget the Path of Positivity Challenge has another two weeks to run so there is still plenty of time to join in. The theme is optional but it would be lovely to hear about the people that you admire and to see your artwork. All the details of how to enter and the link up can be found at the Path of Positivity Challenge Blog. If you need a bit more incentive then A Day For Daisies and Scribbles Designs are both sponsoring this challenge and offering prizes for winners.

Thank you for dropping in. Take care.

4 comments:

  1. A really beautiful Poppy creation, thanks for joining in with our 10th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely. Thank you so much for entering our Birthday challenge at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely baeutiful love the poppies and beautfully watercoloured.Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete