Wednesday 22 August 2018

Things you can do with a white flannel (part 1)


 I even made use of the tag from the flannel on the back of the card. At this point it is possible that I had been exposed to too much glue!!



In the words of Victor Meldrew 'I don't believe it!' Apologies to those of you who do not know about the British TV show 'One Foot in the Grave'. What don't I believe you ask, well I don't believe it is almost two years since our youngest daughter got married. It only seems like yesterday that I was colouring in endless invitations, orders of service, place name cards, cutting out endless triangle boxes for the favours and scouring all the charity shops for boots for the table decorations.

A bit of research and I found out that the second wedding anniversary is cotton and that's when I had one of my sillier creative ideas, cotton = cotton flannels and so this card was dreamed up.





Materials used:

white cotton flannel
silver mirri card
blue card
red card
clear heart gems
silver number stickers
A5 card blank
heart dies
Copic pens:
R29, R39, R59, R89

I used a medium sized heart die to cut the shapes out of the flannel. It did take a couple of passes through the Grand Calibur but I think it is more to do with the age of my machine, it is not cutting quite as well as it used to. 

Having coloured the hearts with the pens, very carefully so as not to spoil the nibs, I used a smaller die to cut the centres out. I used the size inbetween to cut out silver card to fit behind the appurture I had created and then cut red hearts using an even smaller die.

I printed the sentiment onto the blue card before trimming it to fit the card front. It is the same blue card we used for the wedding invitations and there is still a lot left, I somewhat over catered!! I thought using it would be a reminder of the big day.

Having assembled all the elements and sticking them to the card the final job was putting on the gems and the numbers.




I even made use of the tag from the flannel on the back of the card. At t
his point it is possible that I had been exposed to too much glue!!

















Finally a little reminder of all the crafty fun we had preparing for the wedding.

September LTCC Page - Wedding Bits and Pieces

It's been fun taking a trip down memory lane. Thank you for accompanying me along the way. Take care.

Pippa

Entering the following challenges:
PIP Challenge #1833 - Anything Goes
A Bit More Time To Craft #74 - Anything Goes
A Perfect Time To Craft August #08 - Anything Goes
Crafts Galore Encore August #54 - Anything Goes
Not Just Cards August - Anything Goes
Creates and Makes #23 - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations #373 - Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge #394 - Anything Goes 



No comments:

Post a Comment