Sunday 27 August 2017

A bit of inspiration for Stella's sketch

As a full team member at Bugaboo Digi Stamps I have an assigned number for samples and my number fell today. Being new to the team I did not notice that the Stella Says Sketch challenge is not weekly and made a sample anyway.

This is the sketch:


And this is my take on it.

SAM_4673(watermarked).JPG

Materials used: 
Bugaboo Digi Stamps - Rose Trio
Acrylic greeting stamp
black archival ink
Copic pens
red embossed card
rose patterned designer paper
X-Press It card
scalloped edged circle die
plain circle die
3 paper flowers


I decided to only use one of the rose images from the set so cropped it to the one I wanted and printed two copies. I coloured them with the pens then cut one image with a circle die and fussy cut the rose and butterfly from the second image. I stamped out the greeting on a snippet of spare white card and trimmed to size then matted onto red card. I cut a scalloped circle from the same red card and a strip to go at the bottom.

I cut a panel of the patterned card and stuck it to the middle of an A5 card blank. I matted the coloured image onto the scalloped circle and attached to the card near the top. I arranged the greeting and the red strip and attached them also.

I shaped the fussy cut rose a little and attached over the base image with gel glue to give some dimension. I folded the butterfly wings up and just glued down the body leaving the wings unattached. Finally I added the paper flowers.

There is still plenty of time to enter the Stella Says Sketch challenge at Catch the Bug. Here are the details of how to enter and the prizes on offer.

HOW TO PLAY: Enter up to 3 times a project using the above Stella Says Sketch sketch. If you use a Bugaboo Image, you could WIN 10, 7 or 4 Bugaboo Images of your choice. We LOVE to see what you do with your Bugaboos! If you NEED a Bugaboo Stamp to use, head on over to the store and get this weeks Friday Freebie! If you have a wonderful NON-Bugaboo Image you'd like to use, you’ll be eligible for 7 or 4 Bugaboo Stamps Images of your choice if you’re one of our winners! All entries must be new and follow the sketch.  Due to the Bugaboo Stamps holiday vacation, we're giving you until 6 am Sunday September 10, 2017 to join the sketchy fun.

I hope you will come along and join the fun. Take care.



Pippa

Entering the following challenges:
Creative Moments #125 - Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge #343 - Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner #137 - Punches and/or Dies
Crafting With An Attitude #30 - Anything Goes
Jo's Scrap Shack FFC #203 - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers #135 - Anything Goes


2 comments:

  1. WOW!! Beautiful entry!. Clever idea! Simply wonderful! . Thank you. for sharing your project and talent with us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this sketch, and a great take on it. Lovely card

    ReplyDelete