Monday 21 November 2016

Did you do it?

Ok so I can hear you thinking "Do what?" so I had better explain! This is my mid-way post for the current challenge at Path of Positivity with the theme Appreciation. You may remember that in my first post I talked about not just using high days and holidays to show appreciation but taking opportunities throughout the year. So have you shown your appreciation of someone during the past two weeks or are you waiting for Christmas?

My card this time is an anniversary card with a lovely image from A Day For Daisies. All the links are below in the write up.

sam_3414watermarked

Materials used:A Day for Daisies - Mr Right
X-Press It! card
Copic pens
small acrylic greetings stamp
Gorguss designer paper


I decided to go with vintage like colours for this image but gave the parasol a brighter look in contrast to look more summery. I hope that makes sense, sometimes it is difficult to explain the way my brain works. Actually make that not sometimes but most of the time!

The designer paper frame is from a set from Gorguss which has been in my stash for longer than I care to admit. I am trying to continue the relentless downsizing so that my new smaller craft room is not so cluttered so what better way than to use some of the stash mountain. I thought the colour of the frame went well with the lady's dress. The label at the bottom is printed in the paper so I used it to frame my stamped greeting.

There are still a few days left to get an entry into the challenge, it finishes on 4th December. As I am sure many of you will be beavering away on the Christmas cards why not enter one of your makes, it would certainly fit the theme and you may just end up winning a prize.  On that note here are the prize details to tempt you further!

You do not have to make a card, anything goes. The only thing we ask is that you make it clear how your project relates to the theme, just a sentence will be enough it does not need to be an essay, unless you want to write an essay on appreciation for your entry. There are plenty of prizes on offer so why not take a look at our sponsors images for inspiration.

SPONSOR & PRIZE INFORMATION:

  • A $12.00 gift certificate from A Day For Daisies, one of our guest sponsors this month, for the post or project that the team deems most inspiring of the bunch.

  • A $20.00 gift certificate from Kitten Scraps, one of our guest sponsors this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.

There will also be:

  • A small selection of digital designer papers from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky person who leaves a comment on posts published during the challenge time frame.

  • One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.



I hope you will take up the challenge and am looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Thank you for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

3 comments:

  1. The background paper is SO pretty, and works well with the nostalgic look of the image. Love the soft colors, and adding a dash of bright to the parasol really adds a lot of pizzazz. Great coloring on the image too! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Pippa, I adore this card! Everything about it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete