Tuesday 17 May 2016

Path of Positivity Mid-Way Post for Empathy

We are half way through the Path of Positivity challenge for this month and the theme is Empathy. I have a good friend, Melanie, and although we do not see each other very frequently our friendship is one of those that just keeps going through time apart. Over the years we have both been through ups and downs, both personally and with family, we have laughed, cried and prayed with each other. We share a friendship that goes beyond simply showing sympathy for each other, I know that Melanie is able to emathise with me and I like to think that I do the same for her.

If you follow my blog this is the same Melanie who introduced me to stamping years ago. I made today's card with her friendship in mind.

Materials used: SAM_2855(watermarked)
Sparkle and Sprinkle - Old Friends
X-Press It card
pink, purple, orange and yellow card
Copic pens
self-adhesive gems
flower punch
white card to make up the card base

The card base is a side folding A5 size. The front has had about 1/3rd cut off and boyth front and back lined with pink card.

The image is coloured with copics and edged in black then it and the sentiment are matted on purple card and attached to the card base.

The flowers are punched from scraps of card and a gem added in the middle. 


I am not sure which of the two is me and which is Mel! This card will shortly be heading her way so I hope she likes it!

There is still plenty of time to enter the challenge. Remember you do not have to write an essay on Empathy just make a comment as to how your entry fits the theme if it is not obvious. If you are hesitating because you do not know what to do go to the Path of Positivity Blog and you will find lots of inspiration there. It would be lovely to have you join us.

Thanks for swinging by. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Crafting by Designs - Pink and Girly (why not old girls!)
Pennys Paper-Crafty Challenge #277 - Anything Goes
Create and Inspire #45
The Crafty Addicts #15 - Anything Goes/Add A Sentiment
Inspiration Destination #85 - Anything Goes
Crafting With An Attitude #15 - Anything Goes
Southern Girls - Anything Goes
2 Creative Chicks Showcase #10


5 comments:

  1. I did have to smile when I saw this come up in my reader. Such a fabulous image. Super card. I bet your friend will love it. :)
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun card. Thank you so much for joining us at Crafting By Designs :)
    Emma - Crafting By Designs DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! Thanks for playing with us at The Crafty Addicts :) xx Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card.Thanks for sharing your card with "Crafting with an attitude" challenge.All the best.
    Thanks.
    Rgds,
    Shamita
    (spiralcreativity.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete