Tuesday 19 April 2016

Path of Positivity Midway Point - Grace

We are half way through the month's challenge at Path of Positivity so it's time to share my second sample with you. I have done something completely different, for me, and attempted my first mixed media art piece. At the moment it is hanging on my craft room wall but is may become a gift for someone in time!

Having used inspiration from creation for the past couple of PoP posts this time I have gone with the gracefulness of dance. I came across the quote from C. Joybell C while Googling for ideas. To be honest I have never heard of her before but I liked this quote, especially the line, 'Grace is an ability to give as well as receive and be thankful'. All too often I find I am better at giving than receiving and when I think about it, it dawns on me that this is hardly fair to the person or people who want to give to me. Learning to accept all with grace is not an easy lesson for me!

Materials used: SAM_2835(watermarked)
Pickled Potpourri Designs - Just Dance
canvas board
gold mirri card
green and blue acrylic paint
leaf swirl stencil
squares and dots stencil
white gesso
silver texture paste
leafy swirl die
oval die
clear acrylic beads
Victorian Velvet distress ink pad

glossy photo card
guilding flakes
Mica Powders (purple and silver) and mister spray
gold coloured eyelets

black cord

I prepared the board first using gesso, paints, stencils and texture paste.

I printed out the girl dancing on glossy photo paper. I roughly cut out the image and stuck it to two more layers of card before a final fussy cut. I used a glue pen and the guilding flakes to decoreate the swirls on the dress.

I cut the Just Dance out with an oval die and three leafy swirls from gold mirri card. I used the  Mica Powders to take out the brightness of the white card.

I printed my quote out on white card then used the distress ink nad swirly stencil to take off the whiteness and attempt to tie it in with the rest of the swirls on the piece.

I placed two eyelets at the top of the board (having first decided which way up to use it!) I then threaded some beads onto black cord and attached it to the board for a hanger.

Finally I arranged all my elements onto the board before gluing them down.  

Although I enjoyed playing around with the different paints and pastes I cannot say that I have immediately been smitten by mixed media. I think I would need to play around a lot more before attempting another piece. However I may use some of the techniques in future cards.

There is still plenty of time to join in the fun at Path of Positivity. As always there are a prizes on offer from our sponsors and plenty of inspiration to be found from the rest of the DT and on the blog - so what are you waiting for? If you need further persuasion here are the prizes that are up for grabs:
 SPONSOR & PRIZE INFORMATION:


There will also be:


  • A small selection of digital designer papers from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky person who leaves a comment on posts published during the challenge timeframe.

  • One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.


Thanks for popping in. take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my 'picture' in the following challenges:
Inspiration Destination #81 - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday #226 and #227 - Anything Goes
2 Creative Chicks Showcase #9 - Anything Goes
A Bit More Craft #18 - Anything Goes
The Sisters of Craft #April - Anything Goes
Your Scrapbook Place #Mid April Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafting With An Attitude #14 - Anything Goes
Where The HeART Is #8 - Sparkle and Bling/Anything Goes


 

8 comments:

  1. This piece looks like it was lots of fun to create, and I love the electric blue background, with all the textures & designs you've worked into it. Very happy feel with the dancing silhouette and I like the extra touch of the die leaf tucked at the top. Looks terrific. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice.
    Thank you for joining us at inspirationdestination
    Greetings Geesje (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy - Gail Scott here dropping by from WAW to say Thank You for entering your art work to our challenge -Makes me want to DANCE - a beautiful layout! - have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely project, very creative. Thank you for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks.

    Sue - 2 Creative Chicks DT
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great piece, Pippa! I love your words about grace; I agree, it is harder to receive than to give. Your words are so true about showing grace when accepting gifts, compliments, hospitality, etc. Thanks for sharing!
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for entering your truly creative and beautiful art in our challenge this fortnight at Word Art Wednesday.
    Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely banner. Thanks for sharing at Your Scrapbook Place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing with us at the Where The HeART Is challenge. Hope to see you again.
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie
    Where The HeART Is DT

    ReplyDelete