Monday 18 January 2016

Path of Positivity - Prosperity Midway Post

Where does the time go? It only seems like yesterday that we were all celebrating Christmas and now here we are already half way through January. So here is my second post for the Path of Positivity Challenge.

As I intimated in my first post, I tend to think of prosperity in term of things that money cannot buy. Of course there are times when I wish I had more in the way of worldly wealth but when I start to list all the 'priceless' blessings I have I soon realise that I would rather have them than money.

I realise that the way we think of prosperity changes with life experiences. I suspect that if you offered any health person untold wealth for life in exchange for a couple of years off the span of that life they would leap at it, where as the same offer made to a patient in a hospice might receive a different response. Things become more valuable when we stop taking them for granted.

I have a confession to make, I had to give myself a good talking to this week. I had an appointment with my cardiologist and discovered that there is nothing they can do to stop the atrial fibrillation. Rather than focus on all the things I can still do I fell into the trap of feeling sorry for myself because I can no longer go on hilly rambles. When it dawned on me what I was doing I gave myself a good telling off and reminded myself that I can still walk and can still do many things that a lot of people with heart conditions cannot do.

Most importantly to me is that behind everything that happens in life I believe that God is with me every step of the way and I find that very comforting in the darker times which we all face now and then. My project, a large fridge magnet, reflects that in the verse I have chosen to feature on it. I made it for a very dear friend who has had to make some life changing decisions and enters 2016 with an uncertain future. My prayer is that it will comfort her and also that you reading this will also find something in what I have shared too.

Materials used:SAM_2578(watermarked)
Glitterbabe Stamps - Clipboard
stamping card
Copic pens
gold embossing powder
clear UTEE
blue ribbon
magnetic sheet
scrap cardboard
blue acrylic paint


Method:
Insert the Bible quote onto the image on the computer. Print out the image twice. Colour in one image and colour just the bulldog clip and the pencil from the second image.

Paint the back of a piece of cardboard with the acrylic paint. Stick the complete image to the unpainted side and cut out. From the second image cut out the bulldog clip and the pencil. Cut a piece of magnetic sheet to fit the back of the board and attach.

Emboss the bulldog clip with gold embossing powder and then two layers of the clear thick embossing powder to make it firm and raised.

Attached the embossed bulldog clip to the front and after shaping the pencil slightly attach that using 3d glue gel.

Finally thread a length of ribbon through the top and tie in a bow.

Thank you for dropping in. I do hope you will consider joining us at PoP, there is still time to put in your own entry. You do not need to write a thesis, unless you want too! The only requirement is that somewhere in your post you state how your project fits the theme, especially if it is not evident in the image itself. So why not take up the challenge for 2016 and discover new things along the Path of Positivity.

Pippa

I would like to enter my project into the following challenges:
C.R.A.F.T Challenge 346 Not A Card
Crafty Ribbons Challenge #141 - Anything But A Card
Crafting With An Attitude #11 - Anything Goes
Crafting With Friends #12 - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers #100 - Anything Goes
Simply Papercraft #21 - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday #127 - Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. A pretty card, and a most thought provoking post. You are spot on with all the things you shared about 'life wealth'. I'm glad the little talking-to restored your perspective on things. I think what happened is very normal, and since you soon realized all the positive aspects left to your life, even when hearing something that was not so happy, that's ok. We need to have the 'little valleys' to make us appreciate the mountains. I think it's only human to get a bit down at times. As long as we remember just Who is really in charge, and is beside us to shoulder the bad times. As for me, I have to remember that as well, because I have strong worry tendencies. I give things over, but then want to take them right back again to worry over it again. I read somewhere that prayer is not like an "in basket" that is being checked constantly. So once you leave it with Him, you don't have to keep checking the 'in basket' to see if He is handling it. He will, just in His time! Take care, and thanks for an inspirational post. Very positive path! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written Pippa. I'll try for a longer comment in hopes that we have resolved the issue.
    It really is so easy to fall into the habit of taking certain things for granted and you are correct in your thoughts that once our lives change, our new-found perspectives affect how we view the world and ourselves in it.

    Even though you took a step into the negative, you found your way back by focussing on all the positive things you can still do. We all slip into those habits but the important thing is that we always come back to a place of positivity as you have done.

    Nice job with the reminder for your friend. I'm sure it will be a blessing to her and help remind her of God's wishes for us.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea. Love the blue background and layout. Thanks for joining the Crafting With An Attitude challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea. Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely idea. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Simply Papercraft. Sue DT. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful. We are so blessed you joined our Challenge weeks ago and would love for you to join our new Challenge still ongoing at Word Art Wednesday. Want to leave you with the inspiration of the Scripture in 1 Corinthians 2:9-10 which says, "But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”— these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. " Have a lovely week.

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete