Monday 21 July 2014

Spectrum Noir and Summer

I decided that it was high time I had another crack at the Spectrum Noir Challenge.  This month the theme is 'Summer' and I have just the stamp to use and one that I love.

20140720102707_SAM_0385

Materials used:
Stamps Happen Collecting Sea Shells stamp
Fun in the Sun stamp from Creative Stamping Magazine
Die'sire Chantilly Lace Stamping Frame
Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
Neenah card
A3 sheet of Kraftcard
Spectrum Noir Pens: TN2, TN3, TN5, TN7, PS2, CR3, GB2, HB1, HB2, IG2, IG3
Spectrum Noir Pencils: 016, O74, O77
Sea shell backing card - sorry don't recall the make
slate embellishment


Method:
I stamped the little girl out twice onto the Neenah card and cut out one image with the die before colouring her in using the Spectrum Noir pens and pencils. I made an 8 inch square card blank from the Kraftcard and covered the front with a slightly smaller piece of the shell backing card. I then used my brown distress ink blending tool and inked the lacy part of the die without adding any more ink to it. Finally I used foam pads to attach the coloured image to the front of the card and glued on the Natural Beauty embellishment.

Just for good measure I made a DL card with the left overs and the second image (it is the one I used to trial my colour choice).

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Thanks for popping in. Take care.

Pippa

1 comment:

  1. Some terrific coloring & shading on this little beach beauty. It's a sweet image and love the shadows in the sand too. That background paper is so pretty with this particular design. The woodgrain effect was just right for the beach motif. Loved the lacy doily too, so delicate with the little girl. Very pretty card, Miss Pippa. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete