Monday 16 March 2020

Beauty of Botanicals Part 2

Here we are midway through the Path of Positivity challenge with the optional theme Beauty of Botanicals. Last time I talked about the first spring flowers and this time I am moving into summer. As the year progresses the pastel colours are replaced as the showy summer flowers take hold. Now the colours get brighter and bolder. I have used bright colours in my flowers and they remind me of Mesembryanthemums or Miserable Anthenomes as we used to call them. The variety we had in our garden is Celertum Bellidiforme or Livingstone Daisy. They come out when the sun is out but close up when it gets dark. I love the vibrant colours and the way they enjoy being in the spotlight of the sun.

Image result for Cleretum bellidiforme

So this is my card inspired by the colours of the Livingstone Daisy.


Materials used:
flower embossing folder
Express It! card
yellow card
purple card
scalloped edge rectangle die set
A6 card blank 
Copic pens:
pot - E97, E99, E39     R89, R39
flowers - RV02, RV04, RV09     V15, V17, V09     Y13, Y15, Y18
leaves - G05, G07, G28

I only use one image for the card but cut out the two layers using the dies. I wanted to highlight the flowers so cut the top layer off centre. The embossing folder was quite small, a freebie with a magazine I think, so I had to emboss the yellow mat twice. To cover the join I embossed a strip of purple card and wrapped it around the yellow card.

I hope you will join us this month and show us your projects, remember that the theme is optional but   this time of year lends itself to plenty of occasions for using flowers. All the details of how to enter and the prizes on offer from our two sponsors, SheepSki Designs and Scribbles Designs can be found on the Path of Positivity Challenge Blog here

Thanks for dropping in. 

Pippa

Entering the following challenges:

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pippa! I love this spring card! The embossing is wonderful touch! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colouring!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends & good luck with the challenge!

    HandmadeByTasha DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, love the embossed background. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Scribbles Designs, we hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks stunning! Fantastic make. Love the embossed background and this is one of my favorite SD images!
    Thank you for sharing your talent with us at SCRIBBLES DESIGN. Best of luck! Nick

    ReplyDelete